Health Career Coordinator
Job DetailsPosition Information Posting Number 18190021EX Job Title Health Career Coordinator Type of Employment Regular Full-Time If Part Time, Enter Hours Per Week Work Location Murray Employment Term 12 Months Position Type Staff - Exempt(Monthly) Department Purchase Area Health Edu Center (Grant) Summary of Job Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Center Director of the Purchase AHEC, the Health Career/Health Education Coordinator has the responsibility to execute a broad range of administrative, leadership, planning and operational activities in support of the development, implementation, and evaluation of health career and health education programs in the Purchase AHEC service area. This position requires a working relationship with the University of Louisville and University of Kentucky AHEC Health Career Outreach Programs, local and regional colleges and Universities as well as with the area health professionals, school administrators, teachers and students.
• Develop and implement innovative school health career programs in the twelve counties served by the Purchase AHEC.
• Assist the Health Careers Pipeline Programs (HCPP) at the University of Louisville, the University of Kentucky and the Pikeville School of Osteopathic Medicine in the recruitment of students.
• Provide health career counseling and programming to elementary and secondary schools in the Purchase AHEC area.
• Identify and implement didactic and experiential training/experiences for undergraduate and graduate students already in their health professions program.
• Facilitate Summer Camps, shadowing and experiential learning for interested high school students.
• Possess specific knowledge of the different health career educational requirements.
• Knowledge of and experience with social media such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and websites as a marketing tool to reach students.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degreeMinimum Experience and Skill Requirements
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience working with students
• Either degree or experience must be in the health education or community outreach field.
• Demonstrated ability in planning, written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to manage complex tasks and work well with professionals from various health and education related fields.
• A valid Kentucky driver’s license is required.
• Must have good written and oral communication skills.
• Must be able to travel within the twelve county area Purchase area.
Along with the application, the following items must be included:
• Letter of application
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Cover Letter
- Other Document