Business Intelligence Developer/ Report Writer
KENTUCKY STATE UNIVERSITY JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Code/Title: / BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE DEVELOPER/REPORT WRITER
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Kentucky State University is seeking a data-driven business intelligence and analytics professional to help drive actionable insights, reporting, and data integrity. As part of the Information Technology team, this position will be responsible for the analysis, design, implementation, documentation, training, and modifications of reports, data extractions and processing. This professional will be tasked with transforming disconnected data into actionable information by connecting data from multiple sources to provide insightful and actionable analyses, reports, PowerPoints, and dashboards that drive key business decisions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Writing relational and multidimensional database SQL queries.
- Designing, building and deploying BI solutions and reports.
- Designing and implementing data integration from multiple systems resulting in advanced analytic capabilities and enhanced system integrations.
- Gathering business requirements to conceptualize, design and project manage delivery of operational dashboards, data extractions, PowerPoints, Infographics and reports.
- Work closely with Institutional Research to ensure data integrity across the various platforms and sources; identify opportunities to add additional data sources, oversee relationships between complex datasets to surface measureable insights thru data visualization, interpretation and analysis
- Work with stakeholders to understand business objectives; translate objectives to define KPIs and goals
- Synthesize complex qualitative and quantitative data to form clear, well-supported, data-driven recommendations for non-technical audiences.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Technology or other related field.
- 4+ years of experience in BI development and report writing using relational database engines.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong business analysis and development capabilities. Need to be able to take informal requirements to an Agile deliverable with minimal oversight.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), Strong understanding of analytic/statistical concepts with the ability to explain them to others
- Expects to deliver quality work on aggressive timeline.
- Proficiency in SQL database design and SQL programming, including stored procedure and table joins.
- Experience with Evisions Argos and Banner ODS.
- Experience developing dashboards.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and analytical tools.
- Strong and effective inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff, including management and senior level executives.
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude.
- Organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated.
- Ability to identify opportunities, produce code and present solutions in a timely/fast-past manner.
- Good problem-solving skills to analyze issues and identify potential liabilities.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- May require standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Must be able to utilize stairs.
- Ability to lift and carry product weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to frequently, push and pull, squat and kneel with product weighing up to 25 lbs.