Executive Administrative Assistant
Office of Human Resources
400 E. Main Street
Frankfort, KY 40601
Fax: (502) 597-6450
JOB TITLE: Executive Administrative Assistant
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Under limited supervision, coordinates, oversees, and/or performs a wide variety of administrative, fiscal and program support activities for the Provost/ Vice President of the University. Serves as primary point of operational and administrative contact for internal and external constituencies, often on complex and confidential issues. Develops and manages all formal records and archives for the Office of the Provost/ Vice President. Oversees and/or participates in the coordination, supervision, and completion of special projects and events, and serves on a variety of committees in a support capacity. May provide specialist services in the areas of budget and fiscal management, public and community relations and general business administration.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organizes, facilitates, and follows up on issues related to the division, as required.
- Serves as a primary point of direct administrative contact and liaison with other offices, individuals, and external institutions and agencies on a range of specified issues; organizes and facilitates meetings, conferences, and other special events, as required.
- Provides administrative support for the Provost/Vice President, to include managing the schedule/calendar, making travel arrangements, screening and handling telephone communications, greeting and directing visitors, and dealing with administrative problems and inquiries as appropriate.
- Oversees and administers the day-to-day activities of the office; may assist in developing policies, procedures, and systems which ensure productive and efficient office operation.
- Provides assistance and support in areas such as, project planning and management, and development and execution of stated goals and objectives.
- Utilizes knowledge and understanding of underlying operational issues to assist in administrative problem solving including planning, developing, and implementing projects and programs.
- Researches information, compiles statistics, and gathers and computes various data; prepares special and/or one-time reports, summaries, or replies to inquiries, selecting relevant data from a variety of sources.
- Creates, composes, and edits technical and/or administrative correspondence and documentation; screens and evaluates incoming and outgoing correspondence and prepares responses as appropriate.
- Coordinates fiscal activities and maintains accounts for the Office of the Provost/ Vice President.
- Assists in the coordination, supervision, and completion of special projects as appropriate.
- Leads and guides the work of staff and/or student employees, as appropriate; may participate in training and evaluative sessions.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education and experience):
Education/experience: 4-year degree required or equivalent years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, procedures, systems, and documentation.
- Knowledge of office management principles and procedures.
- Knowledge of procurement rules and regulations.
- Excellent oral, written, and communication skills; i.e., the ability to communicate effectively verbally and through written correspondence as well as in communicating with individuals in one-on-one situations. Requires a precise command of grammar, punctuation, spelling, and the correct usage of the English language. Must be adept at consistently multitasking while accurately attending to detail.
- Information research skills.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Project management skills.
- Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited physical effort required.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
It is the policy of Kentucky State University not to discriminate against any individual in its educational programs, activities or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, veteran status, age, religion or marital status. Rev. 12/4/2015
Apply for Executive Administrative Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly