Assessment & Accreditation Assistant Program Director - College of Education (R-01424)
POSITION DESCRIPTION: This is a 12 month, full-time, non-teaching, non-tenure track, on campus (8:00 AM to 4:30 PM) position supporting the College of Education. This position serves 75% as Tk20 System Manager/College data manager and 25% director of the Instructional Resource Center.
The Assistant Program Director of Assessment and Accreditation is responsible for overseeing the collection and use of data for assessment of institutional effectiveness, program learning outcomes and student learning outcomes. This position reports to the Director of Assessment and Accreditation in support of a broad range of assessment reporting needs and functions. A successful candidate will possess strong skills in detail orientation, data entry, computing and communication, working knowledge and experience with word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and other higher education web-based systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
- Two years in an office setting utilizing Microsoft applications
- Master’s degree in any discipline
- Experience with statistical software
- Demonstrated skill in the preparation and execution of error-proof documents
- Experience with Blackboard
- Experience with Tk20
- Demonstrated experience with computer labs
- Experience with assessment data collection software
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Priority deadline is January 25, 2019. Review of applications will begin immediately after the priority deadline and continue until position is filled.
SALARY: $22.45 per hour
BENEFITS: Competitive benefit package http://www.fhsu.edu/humanresourceoffice/Prospective-Employees/
Tk20 System Manager/College Data Manager Responsibilities
- Work with computer labs and with other assessment data collection software
- Daily maintenance of the Tk20 data management system
- Daily maintenance of student accounts
- Maintaining an up-to-date protocol and ensuring the data’s integrity
- Serve as the primary support mechanism for College of Education faculty, staff and students with respect to the Tk20 system, including the preparation and delivery of instructional materials relative to Tk20
- Serve as liaison between the College of Education faculty, staff, students, and the Director of Assessment and Accreditation on matters related to assessment, accreditation and data collection and management
- Work directly with the Kansas State Department of Education as the College’s KPTP representative
- Work with program learning outcomes, course learning outcomes and curriculum mapping for the College of Education
- Assist students with video uploads, course assignment uploads, KPTP portfolios and assist with the Field Experience evaluation process
- Serve on the College CAEP/KSDE Assessment committees
- Assessment building and implementation for accreditation purposes
- Other duties as assigned
Director, Instructional Resource Center Responsibilities
- Management of the IRC’s day to day operations
- Management of hiring and scheduling work for student employees assigned to the IRC
- Management of the IRC budget
- Management of the security of IRC computers, equipment and related infrastructure
- Serve as liaison between the IRC, the Learning Commons and FHSU Technology Services
APPLICATION PROCESS: To apply for this position, please visit https://fhsu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/CAREERS. Only electronic applications submitted through the webpage will be accepted.
REQUIRED APPLICATION DOCUMENTS: Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for three professional references. Applicant documents should be submitted in one PDF.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact:
Name: Dr. Jerri Haynes, Assistant Dean, Director of Assessment and Accreditation
Email: [email protected]
ABOUT FORT HAYS STATE UNIVERSITY:
Founded in 1902, FHSU is a leading, forward-thinking university of the Midwest, with student enrollment of more than 15,000 (including 4,600+ on the Hays campus, a unique China partnership program with enrollment of 3,500+ students, and Virtual College enrollment at over 6,800+). Over 400 faculty and more than 500 professional and staff support and guide degree and certificate programs for the associate’s, bachelor's, and master's programs, and for the Doctorate of Nursing Practice, representing 31 departments within these academic divisions:
- College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
- W.R. and Yvonne Robbins College of Business and Entrepreneurship
- College of Education
- College of Health and Behavioral Sciences
- Peter Werth College of Science, Technology, and Mathematics
- Graduate School
Fort Hays State University provides exceptional opportunities for students from Kansas, the region, and the world, and the University attracts goal-oriented students who want premier learning experiences both inside and outside the classroom combined with one-to-one attention and support. FHSU students graduate with the knowledge, professional skills, and confidence to have a competitive edge in their chosen careers. Upon graduation, 95% of FHSU students find a job or placement in graduate school.
ABOUT HAYS, KS:
Candidates will discover a locale where professional satisfaction and career achievement are paired with an optimal quality of life. Fort Hays State University is located in Hays, Kansas, a vibrant, growing community of over 20,000 that takes great pride in the University's presence. Hays is a celebration of historic and contemporary contrasts, evidenced in its frontier roots highlighted throughout the city and local museums and in its redeveloped downtown area where residents enjoy one-of-a-kind restaurants, unique shopping, and a vibrant arts scene. This community’s commitment to the future inspires Hays businesses to reinvest locally.
A welcoming and family-centered community, Hays offers premier healthcare services, a growing high-tech and retail business community, and excellent Pre-K and K–12 schools in both the private and public sectors. The City of Hays has long been known as a safe community, and the FHSU campus is recognized by the National Council for Home Safety and Security in 2018 as one of the Top 100 Safest College Campuses in America. For entertainment, recreation, education, employment, or simply for a comfortable place to live, residents of all ages will find in Hays the elements that contribute to a safe, enjoyable, and fulfilling lifestyle.
Notice of Non-discrimination – Fort Hays State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, color, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
Background Check: Final candidate will have consented to and successfully completed a criminal background check.
Notice to KPERS retirees applying for a position: Recent legislation changes working-after-retirement rules for both you and your employer if you go back to work for a KPERS employer. Please contact your KPERS representative or www.kpers.org for further information on how this might affect you.