The Irvin E. Houck Center for Information Technology at Oberlin College seeks a self-motivated and collaborative candidate to join our staff as either an analyst/programmer or senior analyst/programmer, depending on experience and qualifications. This is a full-time Administrative and Professional Staff position, reporting to the Director of Administrative Computing Services (ACS).
This position is responsible for a wide range of technical and end user support for the College’s diversified enterprise-wide information systems, serving the major administrative functions of the institution. Primary responsibilities include: problem resolution; analysis, recommendation, and coding of approved enhancements in support of critical functions and operations; development of Oberlin-specific software modifications or extensions; knowledge, use, and support of associated software products; and supportive interaction with functional area staff. This position is responsible for developing and maintaining interfaces to external systems.
The job is focused on the ongoing support of one or more of the following modules of our Oracle-based enterprise resource planning system (ERP), Banner®. These include the College’s human resources, student, financial aid, finance, accounts receivable, and related web-based self-service modules. The incumbent is expected to assist end user departments and divisions with analysis and planning for operational efficiencies, business processes, and business intelligence. In this role, the incumbent will use analytical, methodical, and systemic thinking, working to improve and integrate business process, technology, and strategy in conjunction with guiding the evolution and development of enterprise applications, business intelligence, data integrations, and integrated service platforms.
The incumbent will design, code/configure, test, and document custom process solutions as deemed necessary, using college-determined standard tools and systems development best practices. The incumbent will actively participate in the selection, implementation, development and operation of highly available applications and systems and associated integration with other administrative information systems and related technologies. This position is responsible for all of the functions associated with project management and project liaison for assigned projects.
• A baccalaureate degree or equivalent education and experience in computer programming, systems/database analysis and architecture;
• two years programming experience in an enterprise-wide or division-wide complex business environment;
• demonstrated ability to deliver high quality systems that meet functional specifications on time;
• working knowledge of relational database systems (preferably Oracle), web-based application tools and related security and production systems;
• demonstrated team-oriented work style, flexibility, and a strong service orientation;
• willingness to learn or assume back-up responsibilities of any ERP module or ancillary software;
• a broad understanding of administrative systems, business processes, and academic support technologies, preferably in a higher education environment;
• Candidates must possess strong oral and written communication skills, and must be able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
For full job description, go to: http://jobs.oberlin.edu
Location of position:
Applications should be sent to::