Business Intelligence Analyst
Requisition # 2018-9611
Department Finance Technology
Category Information Technology
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The Office of Finance and Treasury at Princeton University is seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst to join the Finance Technology team. The Business Intelligence Analyst plays a key role in the design, implementation and maintenance of Business Intelligence solutions of financial data maintained by the University. Reporting to the Manager, Business Intelligence, the Analyst designs architecture, data model and field mappings to load transactional data from ERP systems into the financial data warehouse to provide reporting and analytic capabilities. Working with other team members of the Business Intelligence team, the Analyst also works on the development of reports, analytics and data visualizations.
The Office of Finance & Treasury actively searches for staff members of exceptional ability and promise who share in Princeton University's commitment to excellence, and who present a diversity of viewpoints and cultures. We offer varied professional opportunities spanning all aspects of financial management, analysis, and processing in support of the teaching and research mission. As part of the University community, we respect the dignity and individuality of each member while trying to foster a sense of shared experience and common purpose. We are unwavering in our commitment to both diversity and community and embrace the variety of talents, backgrounds, and perspectives of all of our colleagues.
- Design Data Warehouse, Reporting and Analytic Capabilities
- Perform Data Warehouse Validation and Report Testing
- Perform Ongoing Maintenance on Data Warehouse Reports and Analytics
- Other Activities
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, accounting, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in data modeling and data warehouse design and implementation
- 3+ years of hand-on experience with BI reporting and data visualization tools (Cognos Analytics or Tableau).
- Excellent knowledge of SQL for data analysis, issue detection
- Solid experience in query performance analysis and tuning techniques
- Familiarity with ETL tools (DataStage or Informatica)
- Experience with dimensional modelling, star schema architectures is required
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft Financials or similar ERP systems
- Understanding of general accounting principles and organizational financial reporting requirements
- Ability to trace solution design, documentation and test cases
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Access
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision and strong track record of setting and meeting project deliverables
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational, analytical and communication skills
- Proven experience with data warehouse implementations in a higher-education setting
- Experience with other market-leading BI reporting and visualization tool solutions
- Master's degree in technology, accounting or related field
- Project management experience
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University job offers are contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. The type and extent of background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening may vary depending on the requirements and/or functions of the job and the candidate's current employment status with Princeton University.
Go to our careers site.