Technology Licensing Associate
Requisition # 2018-9617
Department Technology Licensing Office
Category Legal and Compliance
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Technology Licensing Associate,
Princeton University, Office of Technology Licensing & Intellectual Property
Princeton University seeks a highly motivated, well-qualified individual to serve as a Licensing Associate in its Office of Technology Licensing & Intellectual Property (OTL).
OTL's primary focus is to provide the highest quality of service to its faculty and students in the patenting and commercialization of technology and science developed at Princeton. Princeton's research budget exceeds $280MM per year.
- The Licensing Associate will work closely with investigators to solicit invention disclosures.
- Evaluate technologies for patentability and commercialization potential.
- Market technologies to identify potential licensees.
- Work within the OTL to initiate negotiations for licensing/option agreements and other related contracts under the supervision of the OTL Director and/or Associate Director.
- Special projects and initiatives as needed
- Liaise with all departments within DFR and the university to achieve the goals of OTL
- A bachelor's degree in the sciences or engineering. An MBA or law degree is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills needed as well as the ability to interact effectively in both the academic and corporate cultures.
- The ideal candidate must be comfortable with interactions with scientists, research sponsors, industry representatives and patent attorneys.
- The position requires the ability to work both independently and within a team environment as well as under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Experience in drafting and negotiating various agreements involving intellectual property such as Confidentiality Agreements, Materials Transfer Agreements, Sponsored Research Agreements, Option and License agreements.
- The ideal candidate must be a highly self-motivated professional with exceptional sales, marketing and negotiation skills and must be detail oriented and able to simultaneously manage numerous projects.
- Knowledge of intellectual property law and licensing practices desirable.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University job offers are contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. The type and extent of background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening may vary depending on the requirements and/or functions of the job and the candidate's current employment status with Princeton University.
Go to our careers site.