REGISTRAR, STUDENT SVCS, FUQUA SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
REGISTRAR, STUDENT SVCS, FUQUA SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
The Registrar will be part of a team of student services and student affairs professionals who develop and maintain a positive learning environment at the Fuqua School of Business.This position requires outstanding technical skills, organizational skills and independent judgment. Fuqua Registrars must possess the ability to manage the complexities of student records and registration using the PeopleSoft database (DukeHub). This position demands in-depth knowledge of and a facility with a variety of databases that provide student information and reporting capabilities. This position must handle multiple tasks, exercise sound judgment and decision-making skills, interact comfortably with students, faculty, and administrators, and work successfully as part of the Student Services team. Maturity, initiative, stability, and expertise with computerized student record systems are attributes crucial to successful performance in this position. This is a full time position reporting to the Assistant Dean for the Daytime MBA Program. The primary responsibility of this position is for the Master of Management Studies (MMS) and Master of Quantitative Management (MQM) programs with secondary responsibility for the Daytime MBA. The Fuqua registrars will be able to perform the same tasks, although individual responsibilities may be divided between the team. Additionally, interest in cross-training for other Fuqua programs is required.
Areas of Responsibility:
Database Design and Management:
- Develop a facility with DukeHub (PeopleSoft) at a power user level.
- Work closely with the University SISS office and Office of the University Registrar to ensure accurate set up and functionality of DukeHub.
- Design, with AIS (Administrative Information Systems), reports for the Deans and others as needed.
- Provide statistics as necessary.
- Help/train others in the Fuqua School who use DukeHub.
- Develop calendar dates for DukeHub setup.
- With the help of AIS, work with the SISS Office and the Office of the University Registrar to file necessary paperwork and set up codes for any new programs that Fuqua develops.
- Maintain accurate data on all Fuqua students in conjunction with the Office of the University Registrar.
- Use Perceptive Content (ImageNow) to enter documents into student records as necessary.
- Protect the confidentiality and integrity of all student record data including, but not limited to, FERPA regulations.
- Create end-of-term reports for the Director, Deans, and Curriculum Committee on progress of students in academic difficulty.
- Advise students as needed with regard to progress to degree.
- Verify requirements for certificates and concentrations.
- Manage the data elements of student graduation - work closely with the Office of the University Registrar to ensure accuracy of the data needed for transcripts, diplomas and commencement programs.
- Attend Academic Council meetings as needed to certify Fuqua graduates.
- Identify those students who will receive the Dean's List and Fuqua Scholar designations and communicate all award recipients to the Office of the University Registrar so that student records are maintained accurately.
- Develop clear, informative registration guidelines to help students with the registration process.
- Schedule and maintain all course information in DukeHub.
- Advise students and solve individual student registration problems as needed during the registration process.
- Manually register students for courses in programs that don't utilize DukeHub online registration.
- Create registration timelines and calendars.
- Coordinate with the Office of the University Registrar to maintain accuracy of the Course Catalog.
- Manage the issuing of course numbers and subject codes for new courses or courses changed by the Curriculum Committee.
- Ensure that Fuqua courses are accurately represented in the Fuqua Bulletin.
- Create a balanced course schedule designed to maximize space constraints and student opportunities, keeping in mind faculty teaching preferences.
- Coordinate with Sr. Associate and Assistant Deans for course/faculty assignments.
- Schedule courses in DukeHub.
- Consult with the Sr. Associate and Assistant Deans about course demand and scheduling issues.
- Create an exam schedule each term, working closely with the other Fuqua Registrars and Building Management Office to ensure there are no conflicts with day/time and room assignments.
- Troubleshoot any difficulties with getting student grades posted.
- Manage grade changes with the Office of the University Registrar.
- Collaborate across areas within Fuqua to create and update content for the intranet tool, FuquaWorld, and for the externally-facing Fuqua website.
- Provide periodic updates and announcements for program communiques such as the MBA Digest.
- Create and maintain content for Incoming Student Websites using CANVAS
- Provide guidance and direction on matters relating to student records and registration.
- Serve on Fuqua and University committees as assigned by the Assistant Dean.
- Assume responsibility for additional tasks and projects as assigned by the Assistant Dean.
- Represent Fuqua at Duke University meetings and organizations that respond to students' records/registration needs.
- Attend a professional development conference.
- Will maintain and develop positive working relationships with university personnel - faculty and staff.
2256 ASSIST DIR, STUDENT SVCS, FSB
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Educational Requirements: Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
Professional Experience: Work requires two years of experience in academic administration, student registration-records or a related setting to become familiar with regulations, policies and procedures related to student services activities.
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.