Sponsored Projects and Research Manager
Sponsored Projects and Research Manager
Job no: 496196
Position type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Academic Affairs, Finance / Business Support, Other
The Office of Sponsored Projects at Bucknell University seeks a Sponsored Projects and Research Manager, who will provide professional grants and research administration support and expertise to faculty, staff and sponsors engaged in funded research and projects. The role serves as an integral member of the OSP and will contribute to the operations and goals of a lifecycle office. The position, which reports to the Executive Director of the OSP, will build productive working relationships with faculty and staff from all areas of the University and respond to the needs of principal investigators and administrators while ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations and University policies.
Specific duties include but may not be limited to:
● Provide pre- and post-award research administrative services
● Provide guidance and support to individual and groups of faculty and staff developing new proposals; advise on and support budget preparation and formatting of proposals to meet sponsor and University requirements, internal review process and program guidelines
● Review the terms and conditions of agreements and subawards; recommend acceptance or modifications and liaise with Office of General Counsel; monitor awards and subrecipients for compliance with University, state, federal, and sponsor requirements
● Formally communicate with sponsors, pass-through entities and subrecipients for proposal submissions, report submissions, prior approval requests and amendments/revisions via phone, email, and electronic research administration portals
● Provide training to faculty, staff and students in grantsmanship as well as in the use of electronic research administration portals and grant search databases
● Maintain and update OSP records for final proposal submissions, sponsor agreements, subrecipient monitoring, OSP consultant proposal services tracking
● Assist in managing OSP processes for sponsored projects administration
● Coordinate and participate in outreach services and organized workshops for faculty; assist with developing program content for faculty and staff in areas of funding identification, proposal development and grant administration
● A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited higher education institution and five years of experience in university grant, contract and/or research administration. Or any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education in sponsored projects or research administration.
● Demonstrated ability to work independently, effectively and efficiently under pressure in a deadline-driven environment; flexibility and excellent interpersonal, tact, judgment and communication skills
● A demonstrated commitment to customer service and working collaboratively with diverse constituents and perspectives
● Excellent communication skills, including writing for various audiences
● Proficiency in Windows and MS Office, including Excel for budget preparation and reviews; ability to use Google suite of products (spreadsheets, documents, forms) and Bucknell proposal system and database
● Certification or professional licensure in research administration or related field
● Experience in contract reviews, subrecipient monitoring and grant proposal development and submission to a variety of funding entities, including the NSF, NIH and other major funders
● Knowledge of federal grant and contract regulations
● Familiarity with policies and regulations in research compliance, including the use of human subjects and animals for research, biosafety and responsible conduct of research
● International and cross-cultural experience
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 50 majors and 60 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell’s 3,600 undergraduate and 100 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors.
Bucknell’s beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its students. Residential life is vibrant with about 150 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletic teams, a robust arts culture, and a strong student commitment to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Located in central Pennsylvania, Lewisburg features a variety of restaurants, beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), charming shops and boutiques, and the Barnes and Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. About 33,000 residents live in the region.
The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University’s main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s state capital. Bucknell is about three hours from New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living here is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell’s surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and many opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School is consistently ranked among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.
Advertised: 07 Jan 2019 Eastern Standard Time