Pediatrics - 300740
The Pediatrics Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Case Worker to join our team. The purpose of a Case Worker is to conduct comprehensive intake and assessments of client needs; develop, implement, monitor, and evaluate individualized service plans with each client; and to link each client with appropriate community supports to ensure their progress towards the individualized service plan goals.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Engage client by maintaining regular contact to monitor and track progress and response to services.
* Develops and implements individualized service plan with the client to address identified needs within an established time frame.
* Engage with Refugee and Immigrant population through the use of an interpreter.
* Facilitate TBRI sessions and Parent Caf sessions.
* Monitor and evaluate client progress and adjust service plan and/or delivery as necessary.
* Complete all necessary documentation to ensure compliance with funding requirements.
* Performs comprehensive assessments on clients according to established standards.
* Advocates for clients at service providers or agencies, and in the community.
* Provide in-home health education using standardized curricula.
* Cultivate positive relationships with relevant funding and monitoring entities, faith-based organizations, social service providers, and other community partners.
* Participate in appropriate community collaborations.
* Provides transportation for self and/or others to off-site locations, including client residences.
* Initiates and completes case closure when appropriate.
* Coordinates/Provides effective and appropriate training to meet the individualized service plan goals.
* Available for after hour's crisis response for intensive case management as needed.
* Adhere to University's policies, procedures, and professional code of ethics.
* Have reliable transportation, a current Texas driver's license, and evidence of auto liability insurance.
* Be willing to transport clients in his/her car.
* Additional licensing and other qualifications may be required for particular programs according to state standards, funding requirements and agency policies.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in social work or related field and one (1) year case management and social service experience in working with the diverse communities; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in Social Work or related field and two years experience in social services and case management.
* Bilingual skills in a common client language are preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled