DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS COORD, DUKE HEALTH
DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS COORD, DUKE HEALTH
Medical Center Development
Responsible for working collaboratively with Major Gifts and Gift Planning Development staff to assist with activities as required in the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors, and to perform other activities as needed in alignment with the goals of the department.
Cultivation and Stewardship Support - 35%
- Interact with gift officers and leaders to help create and implement a robust program of stewardship and communications; manage stewardship projects.
- Manage a portfolio of development plans along with the execution of stewardship activities for donors and prospects.
- Research information on individual donors and coordinate appropriate meetings between fundraisers and Associate Director, Donor Relations and other DHDAA staff.
- Provide briefings on donors as needed in advance of community outreach, stewardship activities, and other meetings where it would benefit fundraisers and leaders.
- Provide support to the Associate Director, Donor Relations, DHDAA in the creation of acknowledgment letters for higher level gifts.
Fundraising Support -35%
- Collaborate with gift officers and leaders to contribute to the development of donor and prospect cultivation materials.
- Work collaboratively to draft content for various forms of development communication, including proposals, white papers, one-pagers, and research briefs.
- Coordinate portfolio work of gift officers using DADD, Salesforce, and Planned Giving Manager systems.
- Research, compile and compose accurate and often confidential information on prospects and donors to prepare fundraisers and leaders for donor meetings, events and other interactions; accurately interpret,synthesize and summarize qualitative and quantitative data and information.
- Serve as liaison with DHDAA Research as it relates to prospects, donors, grateful patients and faculty engagement, requesting research reports, and other needed information.
Project and Event Management-30%
- Serve as liaison with Special Events, Donor Relations, Marketing andCommunications, and Central Annual Giving in coordinating and executing projects.
- Coordinate with University Planned Giving in the development and implementation of marketing materials.
- Assist in the execution of cultivation and stewardship events working collaboratively with other DHDAA colleagues (e.g.Special Events, Donor Relations, etc.)
- Manage and assist with managing special projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Demonstrated ability to handle multiple, complex fundraising project activities and simultaneously participate in the coordination of solicitation and stewardship strategies.
Ability to learn and expertly utilize information systems in DHDAA.
Basic project management skills.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of individuals in a diplomatic and professional manner.
Demonstrated initiative to organize and follow through with complex tasks to meet deadlines.
Demonstrated ability to thrive and succeed in a culture that is results-oriented and fast paced;where the team is proactive and focused on consistently advancing prospects toward closing gifts.
Consensus building skills, collegiality and the agility necessary to build relationships across multiple constituencies.
Ability to analyze and prioritize
2303 DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS COORD
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires communications, analytical and organizational skillsgenerally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree program.
Work requires ability to design, plan and coordinate fund raisingactivities and special events generally acquired through two yearsexperience.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.