MD School - 305000
The MD School at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire an Administrative Associate to join our team. This position will perform routine clerical and administrative functions such as preparing routine correspondence, scheduling appointments, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files, or providing information to callers. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Serves as the face, voice and personality of the TCU UNTHSC School of Medicine Office of the Dean.
* Enthusiastically greets and courteously directs internal and external guests.
* Answers multiple phone lines, triage inquiries as appropriate and maintains front office visibility throughout established throughout established work days and hours.
* Maintains professional presence for Office of Dean, School of Medicine reception area, ensuring front desk coverage during assigned business days and hours.
* Gatekeeper responsibilities, greeting and directing guests for the Dean and Executive Suite area.
* Answering main phone lines, respond to triage inquiries.
* Processing travel and preparing requisitions.
* Entering work order/work requests for Office of the Dean.
* Ordering and maintaining office supplies.
* Managing office files and inventory.
* Complete forms in accordance with company procedures.
* Make copies of correspondence or other printed material.
* Operate electronic mail systems and coordinate the flow of information, internally or with other organizations.
* Compose, type, and distribute meeting notes, routine correspondence, or presentations.
* Open, read, route, and distribute incoming mail or other materials.
* Mail newsletters, promotional material, or other information.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess a High school diploma or GED and two (2) years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Associates Degree in Business Administration or Professional Administrative Assistant Certification.
* Four years' experience in a senior level executive office, preferably in an academic environment.
* Intermediate level experience with Microsoft Office.
* Experience with PeopleSoft Information System.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter with their online application
Salary commensurate with experience
Monday - Friday
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled