HR Representative I
HR Representative I
Human Resources - 910600
The University of North Texas System (UNTS) has a great opportunity for an experienced Human Resources Representative I to join our HR team located in Fort Worth. Our vision is to provide the best approach to deliver HR services to our constituents in the most effective and efficient manner to help drive business outcomes. We are currently seeking a Human Resources Representative I for our HR Shared Services in Human Resources. This new team member will contribute to our goal to be the strategic partner needed by our constituents while providing outstanding programs and services.
Join our team in this exciting time and help us develop the future of the University of North Texas System.
The Human Resources Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Human Resources Representative I to join our team. The Human Resources Representative position serves as the first point of contact to incoming calls/emails/requests for UNTHSC Campus Human Resources. Work is performed independently within established office policies and procedures under the guidance of the Campus Human Resources Director.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Receives inbound calls and answers general inquiries using knowledge of current Human Resources procedures and practices or knowledge gained through researching online resources during the call.
* Routes caller to appropriate contact for service if unable to answer customer's inquiry directly.
* Takes accurate messages and delivers messages to staff in a timely fashion.
* Applies judgment to troubleshoot and route calls/walk-ins appropriately for best customer service outcome.
* Displays high level of responsiveness to customer's needs, maintaining excellent customer service skills at all times.
* Reviews and processes human resources forms and assists with completion.
* Composes routine correspondence and prepares correspondence.
* Compiles information and prepares reports as needed.
* Provides transactional support to Human Resources Generalists & Human Resources Manager.
* Provides support in handling administrative various Human Resources functions.
* I-9 processing.
* Coordinates the development, implementation, and execution of special projects as assigned by Campus Human Resources Director.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess an Associate's Degree in related field and two years of human resources or related office administration experience; or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Proficiency in MS Office
* A high degree of credibility and integrity
* Strong communication skills (writing, oral and listening)
* Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrates flexibility as well as a strong commitment to building and sustaining relationships
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Previous experience at an institution of higher education
* Working knowledge of applicable federal and state laws relating to human resources, affirmative action and EEO
* Skill in using office computer information systems to organize, store, manipulate and retrieve data
* Demonstrated critical thinking skills
* Ability to plan, organize and effectively manage multiple assignments
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with frequently changing priorities
* Focused on providing a high level of customer service and follow-through
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
HR Representative I
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled