ANALYST, IT, SR
ANALYST, IT, SR
CHIEF ACADEMIC INFORMATION OFFICER
DHTS IT ANALYST SR
Occupational Summary - RAD Analyst (Program Manager)
The Research Application Delivery (RAD) team in the Office of Research Informatics (ORI) builds, implements and supports vended and custom software for Duke's clinical and basic science research community. The RAD analyst position combines several traditional roles including business analyst, QA analyst, system expert, project manager, application administrator, and application support analyst. RAD analysts work collaboratively with the business units and the software development teams of our vendors to envision, design, configure, test, document and support research software solutions.
We are looking for a motivated self-starter with excellent organizational and communication skills to coordinate the design, delivery, maintenance, and continuous improvement of vended research applications. The ideal candidate has extensive knowledge of research administration and operations processes as well as experience managing vended software implementation projects.
Note: Handling production issues and coordinating production releases will require availability outside of standard business hours.
Project Management (50%)
- Maintain project schedules and communication of schedules to all stakeholders
- Coordinate business analyst task assignments and workload balance
- Monitor and maintain a program risk log
- Facilitate meetings with business analysts, users, subject matter experts, stakeholders, and business owners to identify business needs related to system features that impact multiple system modules
- Determine optimal team composition for a specific project and assess interdependencies / impacts on other projects
- Facilitate cross-functional project team meetings to define, estimate and schedule resources and project work to achieve project or program scope
- Alert stakeholders to potential scheduling risks, anticipated slippage, and take pre-emptive action to mitigate
- Track progress and coordinate approvals of functional and non-functional requirements
- Ensure documentation of impacts, dependencies, and risks in accordance throughout the change management process
- Build software implementation and continuous improvement roadmaps for major projects
- Oversee implementation process to ensure that project milestones are met
- Advise stakeholders on competing priorities and suggest alternatives for moving forward with project work and also providing added value to existing applications
- Ensure that enhancements, bug fixes, and technology upgrades to existing applications are completed in a timely manner and in accordance with stakeholder priorities
- Mentor less senior analysts
- Oversee project management and analysis processes
Software Testing (20%)
- Plan and coordinate system testing activities across the platform in collaboration with module specific business analysts
- Track metrics for regression testing of existing applications
- Work with vendor to automate regression tests when possible so that manual testing is minimized
- Meet regularly with business analysts to track results of usability tests and coordinate communication of results across platform users and business units
- Track resolution of issues discovered in the testing phase
- Plan, coordinate and oversee implementation of major production releases
- Develop communication strategy for major production releases
- Coordinate documentation of lessons learned and lead retrospective reviews
- Oversee the organization and communication of availability of user support documentation for all system modules
- Participate in RAD production support pager rotation
- Monitor business analyst response and vendor follow up on user issues to ensure timely communication and assess when escalation may be required
- Prepare and deliver presentations to system users and others as necessary
- Monitor the support request workflow to ensure support requests are being addressed by the appropriate responsible organization
Required Qualifications at the level
Education/Training: Bachelor's Degree in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and technical experience required.
Experience: Five years of related experience is required. Team lead, project management or other management experience preferred. Extensive knowledge of research administration processes and experience managing software implementation projects are preferred.
Skills: Task/Project Management
- Ability to work independently to complete complex tasks and lead large projects
- Ability to recognize resource constraints and redistribute resources and/or reassign tasks to accommodate changes in project goals or requirements
- Ability to develop, monitor and adjust standard practices to ensure that timelines are met
- Ability to develop product roadmaps and detailed project plans
- Advanced ability to manage projects to ensure that due dates are met or adjusted in accordance with customer expectations
- Ability to manage release cycles (e.g., requirements, scope, risk and issue management)
- Excellent facilitation and collaboration skills
- Ability to help others grasp complex concepts and build competencies
- Ability to address team productivity and morale issues in a positive, professional manner
- Commitment to building strong working relationships with team members, service providers and customers
- Commitment to cross-training and knowledge sharing
- Commitment to building and maintaining strategic alliances with business and IT units across Duke
- Ability to adapt communication style, timing, and content to audience in order to effectively convey complex technical messages to a variety of audiences
- Ability to synthesize data from multiple sources and make sound decisions
- Ability to identify risks of negative outcomes, measure impact, and recommend mitigations
- Ability to recognize when to escalate and minimize risk through corrective action
- Ability to collaborate with individual contributors or managers to define business processes that will minimize risk
2426 ANALYST, IT, SR
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for
reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Refer to Job Description
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.