DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS, College of Arts & Sciences, Physics Tracking Code2096 Job Description
The Director of Operations will be responsible for the day-to-day management responsibilities of all department resources and all non-academic affairs, including oversight of all department finances and service centers. The incumbent will oversee all personnel actions and supervise all administrative and technical staff with the exception of the service centers. The individual will manage and oversee all building operations, space, and equipment for the department, including space renovations, facilities improvements, space and equipment inventory, and teaching and research labs spaces.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Job Functions:
- Management of all department resources and non-academic affairs.
- Oversee all personnel actions and supervise all administrative and technical staff.
- Maintain Financial oversight of all department accounts and manage all department and service center funds
- Project manager for all department physical space needs.
- Supervise and point of contact for any major department events.
- B.A/B.S required, Masters degree strongly preferred
- 8+ years of experience with a minimum of 3 years of financial management experience
- Management experience
- Exceptional analytical, decision making, interpersonal, writing, and communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular