PUBLIC SAFETY ELECTRICIAN, BUMC Public Safety
PUBLIC SAFETY ELECTRICIAN, BUMC Public SafetyTracking Code4291/D1017 Job Description
Install, maintain and service new and existing commercial, industrial and residential electrical systems at Boston University as a member of the Facilities Management & Planning electrical shop.
- Maintain, upgrade, repair and install new electric infrastructure.
- Ability to follow and complete work orders and preventative maintenance duties and provide updates on the work order status.
- Maintain a clean work site and area that minimally interferes with University operations.
- Prepare stock orders.
- Work on various fire alarm systems.
- Provide emergency response and shift coverage.
- Ability to work efficiently, productively, and with minimal supervision.
- Follow safety precautions with appropriate PPE; providing an environment for personal and public safety.
- Follow department policies.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Have a current and valid Massachusetts Journeyman Electrical License.
- At least 5 years of experience in commercial, industrial, electrical construction and maintenance.
- Familiarity with high voltage switching systems.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Must have own set of basic hand tools.
- Ability to speak, read, understand and write fluently in the English language.
- Must have and maintain a valid Massachusetts driver’s license.
- Required to drive throughout the university to work areas by use of your own automobile.
- Knowledge of basic safety procedures.
- Ability to see and distinguish color, since electrical wiring is often color-coded.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, climb and work from ladders and aerial lifts with no height limitations.
- Knowledge of NFPA 70E
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Access
- OSHA 10-hour certification
- Master Electrician’s License
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.Job Location Boston, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular