TECHNICAL DIRECTOR,WBUR Program & Production
TECHNICAL DIRECTOR,WBUR Program & ProductionTracking Code2065 Job Description
The Here & Now Technical Director is responsible for assisting in the pre-production and production of WBUR and NPR’s daily 4 hour news magazine program, Here and Now. This position assists Here & Now's Senior Technical Director with operating the board during the show, making broadcast quality connections to remote locations, insuring the quality of live and recorded interviews and the quality of the feed to NPR for distribution to stations. The Technical Director fills in for Here & Now's Senior Technical Director when Senior Technical Director is on vacation or sick, and is responsible for audio distributed on digital platforms.
- Assists in the pre-production and production of WBUR’s daily 4 hour news magazine program, Here & Now, recording interviews for the program, and making sure interview audio quality is technically sound. Also facilitates broadcast quality connections to remote locations for interviews, ensuring audio quality standards; edits & mixes interviews as directed by Here & Now Executive Producer and Senior Managing Editor; and assembles and mixes reported features from reporters at NPR Member Stations
- Supports Here & Now's Senior Technical Director operating the board during Here & Now's live broadcast, making connections to remote locations, ensuring the quality of telephone and IP interviews and ensuring a quality audio feed to NPR for distribution to stations.
- Fills in for Here & Now's Senior Technical Director operating the board for broadcasts two weeks per month or when Senior Technical Director is out of the office. Responsibilities also may include obtaining music and sound effects, suggesting production techniques to meet program requirements, and reviewing productions to insure objectives are met.
- Helps Here & Now's Senior Technical Director in the post production for re-broadcast, for live updates of program during rollovers and for digital platforms related to broadcast segments of the program
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience required
- At least three to five years of related work experience required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular