LIFEGUARD, BU Fitness and Recreation Center
LIFEGUARD, BU Fitness and Recreation CenterTracking Code9839/I0617 Job Description
Guard the Competition, Recreation, and Hot Tub pools by performing patron surveillance, enforcing safety rules, and providing appropriate supervision for the Aquatics Center. Lifeguards are responsible for ensuring a safe and fun environment in and around the pool area. All BU FitRec Aquatics staff are expected to have outstanding customer-service skills.
- Perform patron surveillance.
- Be on deck, in proper uniform, and ready to work by the start of each shift.
- Ensure safety in and around the pool areas at all times.
- Display a positive, customer-service-focused and professional image.
- Rescue swimmers who need assistance.
- Render first aid and CPR as necessary.
- Maintain appropriate certifications.
- Anticipate hazardous conditions and take precautionary measures.
- Proactively enforce all pool rules and regulations.
- Maintain the pool areas so that the areas are kept clean and safe at all times.
- Check and record pool chemicals as scheduled.
- Maintain ongoing record books for pool usage as scheduled.
- Create a warm and welcoming environment for all pool users.
- Attend all mandatory trainings or staff meetings as scheduled.
- Understand and honor BU FitRec’s mission, core values, and customer service standards in and outside the Aquatics Center.
- Understand safety and emergency preparedness procedures for the Aquatics Center.
- Complete all required reports in a timely, professional manner.
- Perform additional duties as needed.
- Strong swimming background.
- Current American Red Cross Lifeguard Training Certification or equivalent.
- Current American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer or equivalent.
- Ability to perform in-water saves, including submerged rescues in 13.5 feet of water.
- Great communication skills.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY THROUGH THE BOSTON UNIVERSITY HR WEBSITE
Interested candidates should email: [email protected]
Please note this is a temporary position with the University.Job Location Boston, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeTemporary