Web Advising Enrollment Generalist (Part-time Position)
Part TimeBergen Community CollegePosted 8 months ago
The part-time Web Advising Enrollment Generalist will provide assistance in a broad subject matter pertaining to Finance, Registration and Financial Aid (FA).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Understanding all aspects of Self-Service via Student Planning and Colleague including searching for classes, add/drop, transcripts, 1098T, inquiries regarding tuition refund, planning courses, bill payment, payment plans, Finance, FA inquiries via Student Planning, Verification of Enrollment, FA Verification, Institutional Student Information Record (ISIR) inquiries, batch evaluation updates, seat deletes, financial aid credit verification discrepancies, etc;
- Assisting students with online activities including applying to the College online, accepting loans and steps for Financial verification, create Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) ID, complete Master Promissory Note (MPN) and FA Exit Interview, interpreting ACCUPLACER placement and test score, assist students with locating and replenishing Reg., FA and Bursar related forms;
- Assisting special student populations such as American Language Program, (ALP), Summer Intensive, (SI), Educational Opportunity Fund (EOF) and Office of Specialized Services (OSS) with registration and financial aid;
- Providing additional support for One Stop during peak times;
- Assisting students with troubleshooting and maintenance of Q-Nomy in addition to navigating the Q-Nomy process, ie, rerouting between departments, inquiries regarding Q-Nomy Kiosk, registration, financial aid, bursar and advising;
- Providing evening and weekend coverage/special events;
- Providing support for the Dean’s suite, i.e., assist with special projects as assigned by the Deans and provide coverage for Dean’s reception area in addition to other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree required, bachelor degree preferred and 3 plus years of experience in higher education. Intermediate computer proficiency required including proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint); experience with Datatel/Colleague is a plus.
- Excellent customer service and ability to problem solve.
- Knowledge of Financial Aid, Student Planning Self Service and Registration a definite plus.
- Must have excellent organizational and customer service skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated familiarity with higher education policies;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and ability to work under deadline pressure;
- Detail oriented self-starter, ability to work independently and as a team in a collaborative manner with students, staff and faculty;
- Must be able to work with a diverse population.
- Position requires a flexible schedule with occasional evening and weekend hours.
All interested candidates should send a letter of intent (including the job code PT-WEB), resume and salary requirements. Send materials by email with the appropriate job code PT-WEB in the subject line to [email protected].
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]