Student Svcs Offcr 1
Student Svcs Offcr 1
Job Number: 81672
Stanford University Job Opening Announcement
Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education (VPUE)
VPUE Unit: Stanford Introductory Studies Job Title: Student Services Officer 1 Job Code: 7501 Job Grade: F
Position Status: 100% FTE, Exempt, Continuing
Heralded as a hub of undergraduate innovation, the Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education (VPUE) creates and sustains meaningful interactions between students and faculty both within and outside the classroom. As a team member of VPUE, you have a unique opportunity to advance and support programs that touch and enhance the lives of every undergraduate student at Stanford. https://undergrad.stanford.edu/
Within VPUE, Stanford Introductory Studies (SIS) is seeking a student services officer (SSO) to provide administrative and operational support for issues related to registrar services, including enrollment, room scheduling, and tracking completion, for the courses that meet the Thinking Matters requirement. The SSO gives guidance on improving enrollment processes; is responsible for managing multiple databases; and provides advice to students on how to complete the requirement. The SSO also manages the annual national search process for instructional staff within Thinking Matters. This position reports to the Senior Associate Director of Stanford Introductory Studies.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the enrollment process for all courses meeting the Thinking Matters requirement; setting up courses; managing multiple databases; responding to student petitions and inquiries; addressing the needs of other programs that meet the Thinking Matters requirement.
- Communicating regularly with faculty, teaching fellows, and students on course scheduling, room assignment, and enrollment. Tracking and advising students who have not completed the requirement in their first year.
- Creating reports related to enrollment patterns and analyzing both current information and changes over time; working closely with VPUE IT and the Registrar to optimize enrollment functionality.
- Collecting and analyzing data from multiple sources including student evaluations and other feedback, surveys, trend reports, and data analytics for the Faculty Governance Board and external University Committees.
- Coordinating and managing multiple aspects of the annual Thinking Matters Fellows Search including setting up applicant database, arranging interviews, corresponding with faculty, candidates, staff, and scheduling interviews.
- Identifying trends, performing needs analysis, and participating in the implementation and testing of new technology related to Thinking Matters.
- In collaboration with senior staff, developing and updating website materials related to the Thinking Matters requirement and Fellows Search.
- Contributing to general office administration and space allocation for Thinking Matters fellows.
- Promoting a culture of collaboration through assisting with unit-wide academic and administrative needs.
To be successful in this position:
- Bachelor's degree and two years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Relevant computer systems/technology experience. Experience with enrollment databases, Drupal, and html preferred.
- Basic analysis and problem solving skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Basic computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to learn and understand compliance with legal, financial, and university policies and external regulations. Knowledge of student affairs and familiarity with the operations of a college or university preferred.
*-Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
About the Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education (VPUE)
For undergraduates, VPUE is the nexus for programs and initiatives that help students define and achieve their intellectual ambitions at Stanford. These include investigative introductory courses taught by esteemed faculty, targeted classes in writing and rhetoric, undergraduate research support, academic advising and mentoring, overseas and off-campus study programs, and undergraduate scholarships and fellowships. For faculty, VPUE serves as a principal conduit for furthering interaction with undergraduates and discovering ways in which working with students can enrich one's research agenda. VPUE advocates for undergraduate education in collaboration with faculty, departments and schools across Stanford. All VPUE resources are dedicated to involving faculty with the undergraduate experience, connecting students with phenomenal opportunities and fully realizing a liberal education at Stanford.
Why Stanford is for You:
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven individuals to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or course auditing opportunities. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
If you're ready to work for an organization that nurtures diversity, respect, professional development and a comfortable work-life fit, we invite you to explore this opportunity and apply online. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application. Your one-page cover letter should briefly describe your background and experience in student services and customer service.
- Click on Job Search
- Enter 81672 in the Keyword Search field
Location: Vice Provost for Undergrad Education, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency