Post Doctoral Res Assoc - B/E UPDATED
Post Doctoral Res Assoc - B/E UPDATED
Job no: 496421
Work type: Post Doc (Amherst Only)
Location: UMass Amherst
Department: Biostatistics & Epidemiology
Union: Post Doc
About UMass Amherst
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
The Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology in the School of Public Health and Health Sciences, (SPHHS), is seeking applicants for one Post-doctoral Research fellow in Environmental Epidemiology. The selected applicant will conduct data analyses investigating the effects of early life exposures (including endocrine disruptors and air pollution) on cognitive and behavioral functions within a causal inference framework. Additionally, the candidate will have the opportunity to work on a multitude of other projects pertaining to child development. These include leveraging large representative surveys from the UNICEF to investigate factors explaining child development inequalities in Low- and Middle-Income Countries. Additional opportunities to work on the impact of developmental exposures are also available.”
- Conduct data analysis investigating the effects of environmental exposures on child development, and publish original research in peer‐reviewed journals;
- Seek additional funding from NIH, NSF, and other organizations;
- Attend lab meetings, occasionally present research in progress reports;
- Supervise and collaborate with graduate student on their research
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- PhD In Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Environmental Health Sciences, Quantitative Risk Assessment, or other quantitative and /or environmental health-related field.
- Strong training in biostatistics and epidemiological methods;
- Strong programming skills in R, Stata and/or SAS;
- Experience with approaches to causal inference;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and track record of peer-reviewed publications.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
Typical office environment
Directly supervised by Youssef Oulhote, Assistant Professor and Grant PI
- Average number of student employees supervised at any given time: 2
M-F 40 hours per week
Pay is consistent with the bargaining unit contract
Special Instructions to Applicants
Interested candidates should submit the following application materials for priority consideration by March 1, 2019. The position will remain open until filled.
- A cover letter that includes a statement of research experience and interests,
- A curriculum vitae,
- PDF copies of a recent publication or writing sample,
- Contact information of three references.
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.
Advertised: Jan 3 2019 Eastern Standard Time