Test Developers – 2 Positions: Reading Comprehension Focus & General Focus
LSAC is a nonprofit organization devoted to furthering quality, access, and fairness in law school admission by providing the core products and services that candidates and law schools depend upon in the US and around the world. Each year, LSAC helps over 60,000 law school candidates navigate the admission process, administers the LSAT to over 100,000 world-wide test takers, provides the essential admission software and data relied upon by over 220 member law schools, presents dozens of national forums to help candidates and law schools connect, and supports the nation’s prelaw network. The LSAT is the premier standardized test of critical reasoning skills that are fundamental for success in law school and in a wide range of careers. LSAC also works actively to increase diversity in the legal profession and to promote public understanding of law as part of its focus on building a strong justice pipeline.
Test Developers – 2 Positions
Reading Comprehension Focus & General Focus
Job Code: TD - IHE
The successful candidates will join a team of Test Developers who develop high-quality questions for the LSAT.
- Write, review, and revise questions that are designed to assess high level reading and critical thinking skills, (and deductive reasoning skills or with a particular focus on Reading Comprehension questions depending on position)
- Ensure that LSAT questions are fair to all members of the diverse LSAT test-taking population
- May assist in the review and development of informational and test preparation materials and in research related to the LSAT
- May assist in various projects pertinent to the development and administration of the LSAT
Required Experience, Education, and Knowledge
- Minimum of an MA, preferably in history, literature, theoretical linguistics, classics, rhetoric and composition, philosophy, or some related discipline requiring strong reading, reasoning, and analytical skills
- A broad background in the liberal arts
- Some training in logic is required (General focus); or some training in logic is a plus (Reading Comprehension focus)
- College level teaching experience is a plus
- Proficiency in Spanish is a plus
- A PhD is a plus
- Alternatively, for the Reading Comprehension Focus, candidates with an MFA in nonfiction writing who can demonstrate the required skills will also be considered.
- Must possess a precise and fluent understanding of Standard Written English
- Must possess strong analytical skills
- Must have a positive and professional demeanor
- Must embrace diversity and LSAC’s values
- Must be able to work independently, as well as collaboratively, as an integral part of the test development team
- Must have excellent organization skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Must maintain strict confidentiality of all LSAC test development materials
For details, please visit our website, LSAC.org.
To apply, please forward resume and letter of application, including job code, to:
K. Black, Chief People Officer, HR Section
Law School Admission Council
P.O. Box 40, Job Code TD - IHE
Newtown, PA 18940
E-mail: [email protected]
LSAC offers competitive compensation and benefits based on qualifications and experience. Only resumes with salary requirements will be considered. Application deadline: February 28, 2019.
LSAC actively seeks to foster greater levels of diversity in our workforce and in our pipeline of future leaders. We are committed to attract and retain candidates who have a passion for their work and encourage all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, LGBTQ, and differently abled, to apply. LSAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for Test Developers – 2 Positions: Reading Comprehension Focus & General Focus
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly