Registration Specialist - Medical and Business Programs
Working Hours: Working hours for this position consist of a 15 hour week (between the hours of 7:30 am to 5:00 pm.) Monday through Friday. These hours are to be spread over a five-day work week and may require occasional evening hours. The hours may be modified based on the needs of the Career Training Programs.
Summary: Provides support to the Career Training, Community Education, & Professional Development in all aspects of the Career Programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Performs essential tasks for Career Programs (including CPR assistance) including,
- but not limited to, creating course sections, updating course/module information, and ensuring accuracy of data records.
- Creates and provides CPR Identification Cards using appropriate software and applications.
- Proofreads and updates basic information in brochures and flyers, under the direction of the Coordinator of the CPR program and/ or the Director of Career Training, Community Education, & Professional Development.
- Screens visitors and provides receptionist communication for Career Programs.
- Provides accurate and detailed information to prospective students.
- Independently responds to prospective student requests and sends out information as needed.
- Compiles placement data through face to face or telephone contacts and follow-up surveys, enters information into Access database, and maintains database.
- Updates current schedules, catalogs, and other printed or online materials.
- Assists with the keeping track of numbers and informing Director when close to break-even number.
- Assists with preparing materials, brochures, and flyers for orientations and recruitment.
- Inputs grades for CPR and other classes.
- Assists with Purchase Orders, Requisitions, and Blanket orders.
- Provides student tours during orientation.
- Attends job fairs and other events as necessary to provide literature and promote programs.
- Keeps a detailed list of start dates, student enrollments, and student wait list.
- Maintain strong communication with funding sources (Career Link, OVR, Department of Public Welfare programs).
- Assist program coordinators and Director in preparing for yearly Department of Education and financial aid audits.
- Maintain accurate student attendance records and ensure that attendance is submitted to funding sources as required.
- Coordinates and conducts all assessment testing for prospective students prior to admission.
- Provide clerical assistance to coordinator(s) and designated staff members.
- Maintain confidentiality of records.
- Other related duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Associate’s Degree required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred. At least two years of full time clerical/administrative support experience required. Experience working with culturally diverse populations required. Computer proficiency required. Familiarity with Ellucian preferable.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, staff, clients, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Other Skills and Abilities
Must have strong interpersonal skills to interface with a variety of students and potential students.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Occasional travel for job fairs and other local job-related travel is necessary; employee must have access to ready transportation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.