Molecular Laboratory Technician
BS degree in Biology or related field.
Demonstrated expertise in the following areas is preferred:
1. DNA extraction from environmental samples, including preserved tissues and environmental samples.
2. Preparation of multiplex libraries for sequencing on the Illumina platform.
3. PCR and Quantitative PCR (qPCR).
4. Preparation of amplicons for Sanger sequencing.
5. Next generation sequencing bioinformatics.
Minimum of 2 years work experience in molecular biology laboratory setting required. Excellent organizational and time management skills. Computer programming experience in bioinformatics strongly preferred.
Up to 40 hrs/week. Monday-Friday, 8:30-5:00. This is a temporary position that is funded through June 30th, 2019.