Molecular Laboratory Technician
Responsible for day-to-day operations of a molecular ecology research laboratory at Bowdoin College. Prepares samples, DNA libraries, and generates DNA sequence data from using Sanger and Next Generation Sequencing technology. Provides technical expertise to students and staff. Maintains a safe and productive working environment for all end users. This is a benefit eligible position.
BS degree in Biology or related field.
Demonstrated expertise in the following areas is preferred:
1. DNA extraction from environmental samples, including preserved tissues and environmental samples.
2. Preparation of multiplex libraries for sequencing on the Illumina platform.
3. PCR and Quantitative PCR (qPCR).
4. Preparation of amplicons for Sanger sequencing.
5. Next generation sequencing bioinformatics.
Minimum of 2 years work experience in molecular biology laboratory setting required. Excellent organizational and time management skills. Computer programming experience in bioinformatics strongly preferred.
Up to 40 hrs/week. Monday-Friday, 8:30-5:00. This is a temporary position that is funded through June 30th, 2019.