BREDS Assistant Director
TITLE: Assistant Director of BREDS Office
DEPARTMENT: B.R.E.D.S. Office
REPORTS TO: Dr. Damien Hodge, Sr.
EFFECTIVE DATE: Immediately
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-time
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
PRINCIPAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
Assists with the daily operations of the BREDS Office. Assists in policy planning and development on all undergraduate and graduate admissions-related matters. Plans and develops strategies for admission of undergraduate students. Assumes responsibility for the successful attainment of the university’s recruitment, selection, and enrollment goals.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The Assistant Director of BREDS Office is responsible for assisting the Executive Director of B.R.E.D.S. Office in the management, training, review and overall performance of the team of admissions counselors.
This is accomplished through managing the admissions process and directing their admissions team in:
- Attracting and engaging prospective students
- Maintaining a pipeline of candidates
- Enrolling and starting qualified students
- Building the student population
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manages a staff of recruiters to ensure enrollment and activity goals are met on an ongoing basis and that department personnel act ethically and with integrity in all activities, strictly adhering to the Admissions Code of Conduct.
- Ensures department personnel regularly integrate the Admissions Experience Survey into the admissions process and monitors survey results, taking action to improve results as necessary.
- Works in coordination with the Executive Director of B.R.E.D.S. to establish appropriate goals and professional development of staff; collaborates with human resources to ensure consistent and effective management, hiring, and training practices are in place for the department.
- Monitors the progress in meeting those goals and meets on a regular basis with the Executive Director of the B.R.E.D.S. Office to discuss the goals, resolve problems and recommend action to ensure accomplishment of goals.
- Achieves activity/inquiry goals on an ongoing basis and acts ethically and with integrity in all activities in the course of employment with the Kentucky State University, strictly adheres to the provisions of the Code of Conduct.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of and ensures compliance with all applicable corporate, state, and federal regulations and policies for Admissions.
- Supports and assists with appropriate marketing activities for the campus as requested.
- Meets with staff on a regular basis to discuss the attainment of pre-established goals, provide needed support, resolve problems and recommend action to ensure accomplishment of goals; monitors overtime hours of employees to ensure costs are contained at an acceptable level.
- Conducts second interviews of prospective students and follows up with all applied futures to ensure they have been accepted and have completed their financial planning in a timely manner.
- Promotes teamwork throughout the campus, and utilizes team work concepts to achieve overall campus goals.
- Attend all admissions meetings weekly and student graduations twice per year.
- Assists with preparation for and actively participates in special events, such as the B.R.E.D.S. Experience, etc. as well as other areas of recruitment and promotions as needed.
- Assists with new student enrollment as needed.
- Assists with Brand Identity efforts by representing the college as necessary and in a positive manner.
- Assists Creative Communications with Marketing and Brand Identity pieces as necessary.
- Assists Executive Director of B.R.E.D.S with weekly, monthly, and quarterly admissions reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in related field required.
- Three to five years related work experience, with sales and/or college admissions experience and supervisory experience preferable.
- An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
- Must have the ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends.
Licensing and Certifications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Ability to coordinate multiple responsibilities simultaneously and efficiently while meeting required deadlines.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate weekend and evening hours as needed.
- Must possess excellent leadership, customer service, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft office programs, customer management systems, and campus management systems.
- Proficient knowledge of all corporate, state, and federal regulations and policies applicable to the position.
- Ability to function efficiently in a stressful work environment.
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to hear and speak well enough to communicate with students, parents, and staff face to face and via the telephone
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited physical effort required.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
KENTUCKY STATE UNVERSITY is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The functions, qualifications, knowledge/skills, and physical requirements listed in this job description represent the essential duties of the job, which the incumbent must be able to perform either with or without reasonable accommodation. The Job Functions listed do not necessarily include all activities that the individual may perform.