Associate Director of Individual Giving
Bard College at Simon's RockAssociate Director of Individual GivingBard College at Simon’s Rock seeks a qualified individual to serve as Associate Director of Individual Giving in its Office of Institutional Advancement.
Reporting to the Director of Institutional Advancement, the associate director’s primary role is to plan and implement all aspects of yearly activities for The Fund for Simon’s Rock. This includes renewing and increasing the gifts of current donors, acquiring new contributors, identifying and cultivating leadership giving prospects, and meeting annual fundraising goals for operating revenue.
- Soliciting donors through visits, social media, e-mail, text, video, crowdsource platforms, volunteer management, and events
- Creating and producing marketing anchors for fundraising drives and coordinating e-mail, social media, event, individual, and other outreach for these drives
- Managing the Provost Circle of donors who contribute $1,000 to $4,999 in a given year to Simon’s Rock, ensuring that recent members are renewed and that membership increases
- Increasing membership in participation-based giving societies
- Ensuring The Fund for Simon’s Rock has reciprocal value for all members of the Simon’s Rock community
- Preferred candidates will have three or more years of fundraising experience, ideally in education or a mission-driven organization of regional-to-national scale. Comfort with fundraising tools such as Banner, Evertrue, GiveCampus, and Hustle is helpful. Facility with mobile technology, design programs and video creation is also desired.
- We seek an individual with knowledge of best practices and trends in the field, along with the ability to adapt them effectively to a unique institution. Comfort with both planning and improvisation, conceptualization and execution, and playing leading or supporting roles on a small and cohesive team is necessary.
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. Bard College at Simon’s Rock is an equal opportunity employer. This is a full-time, 12-month, benefits-eligible position. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check. Please send a letter of interest and résumé to [email protected] with “Associate Director, Individual Giving” in the subject line. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Bard College at Simon's Rock is the only four-year residential college of the liberal arts and sciences specifically designed to provide highly motivated students with the opportunity to begin college in a residential environment after the 10th or 11th grade. Students who successfully complete the requirements receive the Associate of Arts (AA) degree after two years of study, and the Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree after four years. The college is located in Great Barrington, in the beautiful Berkshires of Western Massachusetts; the College enrolls approximately 400 students. Bard Academy at Simon’s Rock is the nation’s first two-year boarding and day program designed to prepare 9th and 10th graders for early college. Sharing a campus with the College, the Academy is taught by Simon’s Rock professors. In just six years, Academy students matriculating into the College can earn their BA from Bard College at Simon’s Rock.