Assistant Football Coach
Assistant Football Coach
Responsible for assisting the head coach with the intercollegiate football program, including but not limited to: coaching, recruiting qualified student athletes, fundraising, camps, developing schedules, budget management, building community support for the program, monitoring academic progress of student athletes, and knowledge of applicable NCAA rules. This is a temporary part-time position. Annual housing stipend may be provided.
Reports to: Head Football coach
Essential Functions – may include, but not limited to the following:
• Coach football team
• Assist in overseeing all aspects of the program, including practices, competition and scheduling.
• Assist in the recruiting plan of the program, evaluate and recruit qualified student athletes
• Assist in fundraising activities to enhance program
• Monitor class schedules, grades and academic progress of program student athletes
• Model good sportsmanship and enforce sportsmanlike behavior among student athletes
• Assist administration with alumni relations
• Commits to and is responsible for adhering to all rules and regulations set forth for the team, the College, the MIAA, and the NCAA with the utmost integrity.
• Work cooperatively with personnel in athletic department, attend department meetings and activities, and always represents the College positively when interacting with the community, alumni, high school and club coaches, media and general public.
• Support the philosophy and mission of the College and the athletic department.
• Develop student-athletes to be contributing members to the campus community and the community at large
• Other duties as assigned by head football coach or athletic director
• Bachelor’s degree
• Collegiate level playing and/or coaching experience
• Knowledge of NCAA Division III and MIAA compliance and conference rules, and an understanding of the NCAA Division III student athlete philosophy
• Ability to work evenings and weekends, along with travel
• A valid driver’s license and good driving record
• Ability to fulfil essential function of the position
Interested candidates must submit an Alma College application along with a cover letter, current resume, and the names of three professional references via email to Ryan Ettinger at [email protected]
For an Alma College application, please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/897-employment-application.
Position is open until filled.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.Story published on January 09, 2019 Last modified on Jan. 9th at 2:33pm by Kathy Sommerville.