Application Developer Lead
Job Purpose: Consult with users to identify and specify requirements for software applications and technical solutions in support of complex processes and business needs. Lead and perform advanced level system analysis, definition and design activities of a complex nature. Lead in maintenance of existing applications.
- Analyze user requirements, determine technical level of effort estimates, prepare technical design and specifications.
- Recommend alternation solutions as appropriate.
- Develop, test and implement technical solutions. Prepare application test plans and conduct unit, integration and system testing.
- Analyze, modify and maintain existing applications.
- Prepare technical, operational and user related documentation in support of applications.
- Provide technical support to functional users, determining and solving systems and programming issues. Coordinate communications with vendors when appropriate for problem resolution
- Participate in conducting informal and formal end user training.
- Participate in development of standards and guidelines. Ensure compliance of all standards and guidelines.
- Monitor project scheduling and all project tracking control systems. Advise and assist other analysts in area of specialized knowledge, test and review work of others.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work Experience: Six to eight years job related experience.
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires advanced expertise in application of query language, web development tools, procedural development tools, relational databases, structured programming and understanding of the software development life cycle. Also required are skills in providing technical work direction.
Preferred Qualifications: •Preferred Education: Master's Degree; the ideal candidate would have earned a Master's in Business Administration, IT or other related field.
•Preferred Work Experience: University experience
•Preferred Certifications: Salesforce Certificate (Marketing Cloud and SalesCloud preferred)
•Preferred Skills: Application security methodologies, service oriented architecture. Management skills as well as strong communications, multi-project management, and customer service. Advanced knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) software, including expertise in configuring and customizing the CRM and related applications as necessary to build solutions. Proven working experience as a project manager in CRM software implementation(s), HEDA experience a plus. Solid technical background with deep understanding of all aspects of CRM systems. Extensive experience in the Salesforce CRM environment including, but not limited to, marketing cloud, advisor link, Dashcord or events related applications, custom objects, workflows, triggers, migration tools, SOSQL, and web services including website integration.
Additional Information: This individual will play a key role in developing a long-term strategic roadmap for Scheller College while defining and implementing short term deliverables. This individual will provide insight regarding CRM strategy, mapping, and planning. This individual will play a key role in the development and implementation of Scheller College CRM requirements, identification and implementation of higher education CRM best practices, and defining technical aspects of CRM projects and initiatives in collaboration with Scheller College IT and key stakeholders including Scheller College marketing and MBA admissions.
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a consistent basis with: Scheller College leadership, GTPE and OIT leadership as needed, key constituents, other software developers and analysts, project managers, database administrators, customers and department management including Scheller College marketing and MBA admissions.This position typically will advise and counsel: Other software developers and analysts, project managers, database administrators, customers and department management. This position will supervise: NA.
The Scheller College of Business at Georgia Tech is a great place to work. In addition to being a part of one of the world's top technological universities, we are thriving in the fast-growing business corridor of vibrant Midtown Atlanta. The College of Business adds unique breadth and depth to the campus by providing an integrated view of business and technology. Our culture is inquisitive, analytical, straightforward, open, collaborative, and we are passionate about our work. The College has approximately 2,000 students and 178 faculty and staff.