DIRECTOR OF INTERNATIONAL ADMISSIONS INTO HOFSTRA UNIVERSITY
Hofstra University is a nationally ranked and recognized private university in Hempstead, N.Y. that is the only school to ever host three consecutive presidential debates (2008, 2012 and 2016). At Hofstra, students get the best of both worlds. Our campus is a leafy oasis just a quick train ride away from New York City and all its cultural, recreational and professional opportunities. We offer small classes and personal attention, with the resources, technology and facilities of a large university. Students can choose from more than 160 undergraduate program options and 165 graduate program options in the liberal arts and sciences, education, health professions and human services, the Peter S. Kalikow School of Government, Public Policy and International Affairs, the Fred DeMatteis School of Engineering and Applied Science, the Frank G. Zarb School of Business, the Lawrence Herbert School of Communication, the Maurice A. Deane School of Law, the Hofstra Northwell School of Graduate Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies, and the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell. Hofstra University is a dynamic community of more than 11,000 students from around the world who are dedicated to civic engagement, academic excellence and becoming leaders in their communities and their careers.
INTO Hofstra is a partnership between Hofstra University and INTO University Partnerships and is an initiative to increase the number of international students at Hofstra University and to assist the University in meeting its internationalization goals. The Director of International Admissions will assist international students applying to Hofstra in a variety of programs: Undergraduate and Graduate Pathways; Academic English programs; special short term programs; undergraduate and select graduate direct entry programs.
The individual in this position oversees the successful admission of eligible students to Hofstra University and is responsible for maintaining ethical recruitment standards, representing the University's and INTO North America’s interests specifically in areas related to the University's admission process, developing admissions guidelines for international students based on established requirements and knowledge of educational systems abroad and continuously striving to improve operational systems, processes and policies in support of Hofstra’s internationalization goals as they relate to the recruitment and admission of international students.
This is a new position in the growing and dynamic INTO Hofstra Partnership. Duties and scope may change as the INTO Hofstra Partnership and this role evolves from the start-up phase to continuous operations. We expect the candidate to help build the organization with a focus on achieving operational excellence.
Characteristics Duties and Essential Responsibilities:
• Direct processes and procedures in relation to Hofstra international student admissions.
• Establish protocols and systems to ensure that all employees within the International Admissions team follow established procedures.
• Supervise international credential evaluators and ensure that employees have the necessary education, training, skills and tools to perform their roles.
• Responsible for meeting KPIs (key performance indicators) on turnaround times and SLAs (service level agreements) while providing the highest level of customer service and the successful implementation of new programs and processes.
• Responsible for maintaining the integrity of Hofstra International Admissions and ensuring that Hofstra's reputation as a leading university is maintained at all times. This requires a well-grounded understanding of international admissions, credential equivalencies, university systems throughout the world and best practices in the international admissions arena.
• Regularly consult with the INTO North America Application Processing Center (APC) and Hofstra Admissions to ensure proper evaluation of student credentials and the smooth transition of international students to university programs.
• Work closely with the INTO Hofstra Enrollment Manager and INTO North America Systems Integration Manager on all technical processes and procedures in the areas of Admissions and Immigration.
• Establish and maintain good working relationships with the partner universities and colleagues at INTO Centers around the world, as well as the INTO sales and marketing teams.
• Work closely with the Application Processing Center (APC) to develop appropriate processes to streamline admissions and ensure a quality experience for applicants from inquiry to enrollment.
• Liaise with the INTO Hofstra Enrollment Manager on enrollment management and reporting processes.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required, Masters Degree preferred.
• Minimum 3 years of management-level experience
• Demonstrated ability to lead complex projects to completion
• Strong staff management skills
• Previous experience in international admissions
• Ability to implement new services and programs while maintaining existing services and programs
• Strong oral/written communication and interpersonal skills, and high degree of professionalism
• Highly collaborative; proven record of results-based leadership
• Experience in a leadership role within a fast-paced environment
• Significant experience working in a university environment
• Knowledge of information systems
• Demonstrated ability to handle difficult or sensitive situations
• Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, work under pressure and when necessary, with minimal resources
• Strong analytical and decision making skills
• Prior experience working with an international student population
• Knowledge of international education systems
• Demonstrated skills in planning, prioritizing, and leading central initiatives
• Experience with public/private partnerships
• Knowledge of Salesforce, Peoplesoft, or similar systems
Please send a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to: [email protected]
Please indicate "Director of International Admissions INTO Hofstra University" in the subject line.
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.