Programmer Analyst II
Programmer Analyst II
Portland Community College
Best Consideration/Close Date:
If you're looking for an interesting programming job with great upside, we have one you should check into. At Portland Community College, the largest higher-ed institution in Oregon, we have an opening for a Programmer Analyst II within our Banner IT team. PA II's are at the top of our non-management (technical) organizational ladder for developers, and the primary responsibility of this position is to support and extend Banner Finance, including integrating it with new cloud-based applications.Is this job for you? We're looking for someone who is a self-starter, with strong technical and leadership skills, who has worked in a Banner or similar ERP environment and enjoys being part of a mission-critical IT systems team. Core responsibilities include designing and developing new functionality, extending existing code to meet user needs, and working with other technical staff and key stakeholders in the Finance organization. SQL and Java are at the core of our Banner Finance environment.As a Programmer Analyst II, your technical background will be important, but also important is the opportunity to continue learning. Lifelong learning is important for technology leaders, and this job offers that growth opportunity in addition to exercising what you already know.Needless to say, PCC plays a major role in Oregon in helping to make affordable college a reality. It's nice to work at a place that is highly-regarded by the public and has a mission that for-profit, private-sector companies can't match.
See the classification description for additional information: https://www.pcc.edu/hr/employment/classified-jobs/proganal2/
These qualifications, skills and abilities are critical for success in this position.
Throughout the screening process, you will be evaluated based on the demonstration of these qualifications.In your cover letter, please state in detail how you meet the job success and minimum qualifications listed below for this position.
- Experience supporting and programming financial systems (budgeting, GL accounting, AR, AP, payroll, etc.) or other systems with large database designs
- Experience with Banner or other ERPs
- Experience with systems integration, including both real-time and batch
- Experience with SQL, Java or other Object-Oriented languages and UNIX/Linux environment
- Experience with application data security (PII, FERPA)General experience with coding practices, standards
- Self-starter, can plan own work & manage time
- Good oral and written communication skills for a variety of different audiences
- Associate degree in computer related discipline. Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Two years experience in complex systems design, programming and systems software and support.
The first two steps of the range are: $4,640 to $4,779 per month. Higher salary placement may be available based on qualifications, experience and internal equity.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Long-term Disability, Long-term Care, and Auto and Home Insurance programs. PCC currently fully funds the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS/OPSRP) pension and contributes an additional 6% into the employee's Individual Account Program under PERS/OPSRP. PCC offers a tax deferred annuity program and a deferred compensation program where employees may save additional pre-tax dollars for retirement.
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic partner, and dependent children under 24 years of age. Partial tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions (full-time employees only).
Paid Leave: (Pro-rated by FTE for Part-Time Employees)
- Starts at 6.67 hours of vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of service)
- 8 hours of sick leave per month
- 24 hours of additional personal leave days per year
- 11 Paid holidays
For a complete list of PCC benefits, please visit http://www.pcc.edu/hr.benefits View a complete list of PCC benefits.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://pcc.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=160&site=10
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency