POSITION TITLE: Assistant Registrar
REPORTS TO: Registrar
WORK SCHEDULE: 1.0 FTE, full-time, non-exempt
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Under the direction of the Registrar, the Assistant Registrar position manages essential registrar functions. Responsible for ensuring the integrity, security, maintenance and access to permanent academic records and manage the issuance of official documents. Assist in managing, testing and updating the student information system (CAMS). Acting official in the absence of the Registrar to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Registrar’s Office.
- Assist the Registrar in maintaining all records procedures for full compliance with State, Federal, and college policies and procedures.
- Performs day-to-day functions of the Office of the Registrar.
- Updates student records/files, including final posting of degrees, majors, honors, etc.
- Assist in updating and maintaining degree audits for graduating applicants.
- Update individual student Degree Audits to include transfer credits, substitutions, etc.
- Evaluate and award transfer credit for transfer and matriculated students (including AP and IB credit).
- Assist with registration and the preparation of the Class Schedule.
- Assist the Registrar in overseeing academic policies
- Assist the Registrar in running of data reports as needed.
- Assist in the training of CAMS, FERPA, etc. for faculty and staff.
- Assist in the production of the University General Catalog.
- Update Registrar Website as necessary.
- Respond to faculty, staff and student various inquiries.
- Assist in the presentation of Registration Orientations for new students.
- Submit technical issue work orders for CAMS related issues.
- Work in collaboration with all faculty, staff, and students.
- Troubleshoot problems of an academic nature.
- Other duties as assigned in the daily operation of the Registrar’s Office.
Required: Bachelor’s degree
Required: Knowledge of electronic records management, computer experience working with Microsoft Word and Excel; customer service experience. Experience working in a college or university office and familiarity with student management systems, preferably CAMS.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of various computer software including the ability to learn new programs.
- Familiarity of transfer credit procedures and policies.
- Knowledge of FERPA guidelines.
- Experience working with student information management systems.
- Previous work experience in higher education.
- Must be able to work in a multi-tasked high volume environment.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to interact effectively with students and the public.
- Commitment to professional integrity, including knowledge of and commitment to upholding federal confidentiality guidelines regarding confidentiality of student academic information.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Assistant Registrar reports to the Registrar
CONTACTS; Students, parents, alumni, general public, faculty, staff.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Work at computer for extended periods of time.WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Office environment. Work hours: Monday – Friday, (40 hours work week) with varied lunch hours.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. For full consideration, candidates should provide a resume with at least three references.All candidates are asked to provide a cover letter, articulating how their knowledge, experience, and beliefs have prepared them to function in support of California Northstate University’s vision and mission statements.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, list of references, and any additional information to .Review of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled. California Northstate University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.For inquiries, please contact us at: e-mail: and/or telephone: (916) 686-7400.