Client Systems Engineer
Buffalo State, State University of New York, seeks candidates for the position of Client Systems Engineer.
Be part of a team that is responsible for analyzing, implementing and maintaining computer applications, operating systems, and network configurations on endpoint devices in an enterprise environment. You will prepare, distribute, and maintain software applications and operating systems. Collaborate with the engineering manager in developing and planning systems and solutions for current and future use. You will serve as a liaison with end users in the new Academic Commons. The responsibilities of the position require independent analysis, communication, and problem-solving.
- Associates Degree with recent professional experience managing Windows workstations in an Active Directory environment.
- Demonstrated experience with client management systems, such as Microsoft SCCM.
- Demonstrated experience with application packaging, deployment and operating system deployment.
- Knowledge of client server technologies, wired and wireless networking, TCP/IP, licensing systems, and endpoint hardware.
- Successful experience providing end-user support and customer service in a Windows environment.
- Ability to work well with other technical staff in both a team and a client/service provider capacity, in a professional, respectful work environment.
- Desire to continually learn about new technology and analyze how it might best be applied.
- Experience troubleshooting issues using utilites and logging.
- Demonstrated experience with modern client operating systems.
- General scripting experience.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related field with recent professional experience.
- Familiarity with IT Service Management principles; ITIL, Microsoft, Apple or related certifications.
- Experience working in a technology support field, preferably within a higher education setting.
- Experience with license and asset management software.
Qualified applicants may apply online at https://jobs.buffalostate.edu
Buffalo State is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and committed to respect for diversity and individual differences.