Job Number: 81660
The Sean N. Parker Center for Allergy and Asthma Research at Stanford University is seeking a Manufacturing Supervisor to provide highly specialized technical research, support and expert consultation including identifying, innovating and designing solutions for unique process development and manufacturing activities related to clinical materials manufacturing. Work is to be consistent with principles of current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) and aligned with clinical trial investigational Oral Immunotherapies.
- Independently implement, administer and evaluate day-to-day activities of the unit, function or program by identifying and executing tasks and objectives, making recommendations that impact policies and programs, and assigning resources to achieve the goals of the program.
- Collect and analyze data, create reports, review and explain trends; formulate and evaluate alternative solutions and/or recommendations to achieve the goals of the program or function.
- Analyze and interpret policies; develop, revise and implement procedures for program or function
- Represent the program or function as the key contact and subject matter expert within the department, unit or school. Commit resources and provide information and/or training. May also represent the program or function to external/internal stakeholders and constituencies.
- Organize and/or participate in outreach activities that may include developing communications and training, planning/promoting events and/or conferences.
- May participate in development of budgets, monitor, and approve expenditures. May perform limited forecasting and provide recommendations that determine the budget.
- May direct staff to perform various tasks and assignments. May also supervise staff.
- Bachelor or advanced degree in Nutrition or Biochemistry + 4 years related experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
- 2 years of experience in the following:
- GMP Product Development
- GMP Batch Development and Quality Assurance Documentation
- Team Leadership
- Process improvement
- Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA) Risk Assessment
- Multi- project Management
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize own work and multi-task.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
- Demonstrated experience working independently and as part of a team.
- Relevant subject matter knowledge.
- Ability to direct the work of others, for jobs requiring supervision.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sitting, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally use a telephone.
- Rarely lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 11-20 pounds.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Location: School of Medicine, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency