Administrative Associate 3
Administrative Associate 3
Job Number: 81657
Stanford University, one of Silicon Valley's largest and most unique institutions, seeks an Administrative Associate 3 to provide complex administrative support to a faculty and their research program in the Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery within the Department of Surgery.
This position requires an individual who can work independently and with minimal direction in performance of their duties. The candidate will anticipate the needs of the faculty to proactively solve problems and/or independently handle issues. Candidate will have strong business acumen, ability to multi-task, be extremely organized & detailed, self-motivated; team oriented, and must hold masterful communication skills that allow high level interactions with a diverse academic and medical community.
For information on the about the Division, please visit: http://plasticsurgery.stanford.edu/
- Act on behalf of the faculty in regards to establishing priorities and identifying and resolving problems that are administrative in nature.
- Oversee and/or perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating complex conferences, seminars, and events, including arranging with vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, administering logistics, and managing event within budget.
- Compose and draft documents and correspondence for presentations, course handouts, grants, conferences, seminars, and reports; perform substantial editing and fact checking. Create, maintain, modify, and/or ensure accuracy of content in various unit documents, displays, reports, brochures, social media, and/or websites.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) with limited consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Create complex reports and spreadsheets which may utilize specialized software and systems.
- Oversee and/or process a variety of complex financial transactions; produce, monitor, and reconcile budget statements; research, identify, and resolve discrepancies. May assist with capital or special equipment requests and/or vendor selection.
- Coordinate and monitor routine maintenance services completion. Plan and coordinate office moves and/or minor renovation projects.
- May lead staff or supervise day-to-day work of student and/or temporary workers, including scheduling, assigning, and prioritizing workloads, setting appropriate deadlines, reviewing work for quality and timeliness, and providing performance review input.
- Coordinate postdoctoral and research staff appointments which may include processing visas as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
High school diploma and four years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Prior work experience at Stanford University and/or in higher education strongly preferred
- Understanding of the organization of Stanford University Medical Center or similar academic medical center
- Bachelor's degree
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
Location: School of Medicine, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency