Adjunct Faculty- School of Human Development- NorCal Instructional Sites and/or San Jose Branch
Job location: San Jose, CA - Salinas, CA - Madera, CA
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2019-08-12
SCHOOL OF HUMAN DEVELOPMENT
If you value Respect, Diversity, Social Justice, and Inclusion we’d like to hear from you!
The School of Human Development exists to foster individual growth and prepare students to become responsible and effective child and family/human service professionals and thought leaders whose practice and understanding reflect Pacific Oaks’ mission to promote the principles of social justice, advocacy, respect for diversity and the uniqueness of each person
The adjunct faculty position will provide instruction in the Undergraduate and/or Graduate Human Development degree programs, dependent on highest degree earned and years of experience teaching college level courses.
Instruction positions are located in Northern California (Instructional Sites) and San Jose Branch Campus. This position will report directly to the Branch Campus Dean and indirectly to the Associate Dean of Human Development, who is based out of the main campus in Pasadena, CA.
- Teaching undergraduate and/or graduate students earning BA’s and MA’s in Human Development.
- Capacity to provide instruction in one or more of the following specific domains of human development: Early Childhood Education, Leadership, Social Change.
- managing the class syllabus and ensuring that the syllabus meets department and college standards
- Planning and creating, in-class discussions, activities, and assignments
- Grading assigned papers and assignments
- Assessing grades for students based on participation, performance in class, assignments and presentations
- Collaborating with colleagues on course curriculum
- Advising students on how to be successful in class
- Staying updated on innovations and changes within their course field
- Participating in the on-line learning platform CANVAS to facilitate class discussions, post grades and receive class assignments from students.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Canvas learning management system
- Master’s degree in related education or human services field
- Doctorate preferred and needed for participation in the Graduate program
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in education or human services settings
- Exemplary professional experience
Pacific Oaks offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of diversity and social justice. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical, vision, and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, 403b with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition discount, and other perks.
Pacific Oaks is an affiliate of TCS Education System. To apply for this position or others, visit our Careers’ Page at: www.pacificoaks.edu
Pacific Oaks participates in E-Verify and verifies identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Pacific Oaks offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.