ATHLETICS TURF AND FIELD MANAGER
ATHLETICS TURF AND FIELD MANAGER
Posting Number: SRGV3390
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Scope of Job:
Responsible for the development, management, and maintenance of assigned athletic fields. Coordinate and perform specialized work on assigned fields as specified in turf maintenance program. Assist with in-game field management and operations, pre-game set-up, and post-game procedures.
Description of Duties:
• Develops, plans, manages, directs and assists with the daily, short and long-term sports turf maintenance program based on field usage, specific requirements for individual events, and field turf needs.
• Provides daily operations management of allocated resources and equipment to ensure that all university playing surfaces and surrounding areas are expertly conditioned to provide optimum levels of safety, performance, and appearance.
• Provides direction in conjunction with grounds maintenance supervisor and assists Athletics fields maintenance crew in performing the daily maintenance of all inter-collegiate athletic fields and the surrounding landscape/horticulture operations to include: mowing, weed-eating, and edging; irrigation testing, maintenance, repair, and installation; cultural practices to include sod replacement, verticutting, aerating, topdressing, fertilization, seeding, and spraying; soils analysis and amendment; grooming, striping, and painting.
• Responsible for maintaining supervision over pest control management on turf and sports surfaces.
• Insures maintenance and upkeep of all equipment inventory such as riding reel and push mowers, top dressers, vertacutter, coring and blade aerifiers, trimmers, blowers, and other related equipment.
• Prepares budget line-items within the athletics department budget pertaining to athletic fields and special events labor, equipment, and supplies.
• Assists with the planning, strategizing, and running university athletic events in coordination with the athletic event staff. Will provide support in the set-up, take-down and execution of athletic competition.
• Develops and maintains effective relationships with internal and external customers through oral and written communications.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a related field.
Required: Texas Driver’s License or ability to obtain within six weeks of hire. Preferred: Texas ornamental pest control license required for chemical applications on lawns and turf.
• Two (2) years of experience working and maintaining sports fields, golf courses, public parks, landscaping, etc. Experience operating grounds and landscape equipment such as mowers, weed Trimmers, blowers, etc, or
• Four (4) years of required experience with an Associate’s degree in related field, or
• Eight (8) years of related demonstrated experience with a High School Diploma/GED.
Experience within Higher Ed.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Exposure to outside environments, hot, dry, wet, and cold. Some travel and weekend work is required.
Knowledge of practices and procedures used in grounds maintenance, including the use of small tools and grounds-related equipment; ability to read and understand label instructions on chemicals and physical ability to handle, lift and/or carry heavy objects and equipment. Duties may involve the lifting and moving of heavy objects, stooping, crawling, climbing, reaching, and other activities requiring physical excretion. This position will be subject to a pre-employment physical.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 04/24/2018
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/20173
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency