Career Roadmap Compensation Consultant
For security purposes, this system automatically logs you off when it senses no activity for 60 minutes. Please click either the Next button or you can go to different pages of the application by selecting the page from the dropdown menu and clicking GO button every 60 minutes in order to avoid losing your data.Position Information Top Message Both current Ohio State employees and the general public may apply for this unclassified professional position. Message to Applicants Number of Positions Available 1 University Title Career Roadmap Compensation Consultant Working Title Career Roadmap Compensation Consultant Department Compensation & Classification Department Location Columbus Requisition Number 445437 Summary of Duties
The Compensation Consultant position is responsible for providing strategic advice and counsel to client groups across The Ohio State University. The ideal candidate will have opportunities to support and lead aspects of a university-wide, broad-based compensation program implementation. Project completion is anticipated within a two year window and will be coincident with an HRIS implementation and an HR operating model redesign.
The ideal candidate will lead others in the development of a new, institution-wide, job catalog in addition to market pricing efforts and the mapping of university staff to the new job catalog. The ideal candidate participates in the project planning process including creating and maintaining portions of the project plan, providing status reports, identifying dependencies, and updating resource plans. The Compensation Consultant is responsible for triaging requests and inquiries from stakeholders throughout the university related to project accountabilities and assigned client groups.
Is accountable for ensuring clients’ needs are met within the context of existing compensation programs and policies. May support clients with salary administration, market pricing of current jobs, job evaluation, annual merit increase and supplemental compensation processing, and policy interpretation. Leads moderately complex compensation and data analysis projects including equity and compliance analyses. This position will report to the Compensation Projects Senior Director and will serve as a member of the project core team alongside the Senior Director and two other individuals.
Specifically, this position will:
•Participate in leadership discussions related to the development and implantation of Career Roadmap (base pay program) across all three project work streams. Lead the job development work stream to build and price the job catalog. Lead and guides others in completing assigned work. Ensure processes to capture, quality check, and convey data to technology partners is working smoothly.
•Consult with HR partners and business stakeholders on the creation of job functions within the new job catalog. For assigned areas, build out Function/Sub-function descriptions and associated job titles. Market price jobs and assign to salary structure. Represent the compensation area within discussions related to the HR Service Delivery model.
•Provide internal consulting, business partnership and compensation program administration to the Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) staff. Responsible for program administration to ensure compensation programs maintain compensation objectives and competitive position within the marketplace. Ensures consistency with policies and applicable laws.
•Conduct moderately complex statistical analysis, data modeling and costing of pay programs for various compensation initiatives including development of proposals and recommendations. Administer and applies compensation programs, policies, and procedures. Participate in and may lead aspects of planning, developing, and implementing new and revised compensation programs, policies, and procedures in order to be responsive to the University’s goals and competitive practices.
Minimum four years (four to eight years preferred) of progressive, HR Compensation or comparable experience with demonstrated project implementation experience; Bachelor’s degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Desired Qualifications
Demonstrated experience with base pay program implementation/maintenance and HR communications; CCP certification; experience with change management methodologies; experience with HCM and HR operating model change.Target Salary $75,000.00 - $85,000.00 Annually Job Category Administrative and Professional Job Appointment (FTE%)
100.0Full/Part Time Full-time Temporary or Regular Regular Posting Start Date 01/05/2019 Posting End Date 01/20/2019 Dept Contact Name Burke,Cody A Dept Contact Phone 614/688-3945 Quick Link http://www.jobsatosu.com/postings/91770 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Select one box that best represents your number of full years paid employment:
- Some, but less than one full year of employment
- 1 full year or more of employment
- 2 years
- 3 years
- 4 years
- 5 years
- 6 years
- 7 years
- 8 years
- 9 years
- 10 or more years
- * Select the box that best represents your educational training:
- Attended school but did not receive high school diploma or GED
- High school diploma or GED, but no college credit hours
- Completed less than 45 college credit hours, but did not graduate
- Completed 45 college credit hours, but did not graduate
- Completed 90 college credit hours, but did not graduate
- Completed 135 college credit hours, but did not graduate
- Completed 180 college credit hours, but did not graduate
- Completed an Associate's degree
- Completed a Bachelor's degree
- Completed a Master's degree or higher
- * Are you related in any way to a faculty/staff member in the unit of the position for which you are applying?
- * What prompted you to apply for this position at The Ohio State University? Please select an answer below:
- Referred by personal contact
- Referred by OSU recruiter
- Job/Career Fair
- Columbus Dispatch
- Professional organization
- HERC (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Local newspapers
- * Do you have at least four years of progressive, HR Compensation or comparable experience with one year of demonstrated project implementation experience?
- * Do you have at least one year of experience with base pay program implementation/maintenance and HR communications?
- * Do you have a CCP certification?
- * Do you have at least one year of experience with change management methodologies?
- * Do you have at least one year of experience with HCM and HR operating model change?
- Cover Letter