Description Job Purpose: Plan and direct the operation of a large campus multi-building, public facility to include maintenance/renovation, event management and guest/tenant services. Responsible for setting employee goals, assessing performance, providing feedback, and making pay recommendations.
- Develop and oversee implementation of facility related strategic plans and operational policy.
- Ensure facilities are operated and maintained in environmentally friendly manner.
- Organize and implement policies and procedures that effectively provide for event management ( room setup, AV services, catering, etc.) and related services.
- Oversee provision of contractor services related to facility construction and renovation.
- Plan for and monitor facilities security arrangements.
- Confer with and advise unit management on most efficient and effective use of space and facilities.
- Develop and administer operations budget.
- Organize and supervise activities of facilities operations staff.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work Experience: Seven to eight years job related experience.
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires knowledge and skills required to manage multi-functions within a facility operational environment. Included are skills in management/supervision, budgeting, project management, customer service, strategic planning, space management and use of office and specialized computer applications.
Qualifications Preferred Qualifications: •Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality Management, Business Administration, or related field
•Preferred Work Experience: N/A
•Preferred Certifications: Certified Meeting Professional (CMP), Certified Facility Manager (CFM)
◦Proven results in providing services and operations that are customer responsive, innovative, fiscally sound, and developed in collaboration with internal and external Institute partners.
◦Financial administration to include long-term forecasting of capital and operating expenditures, conducting cost/benefit analyses, and managing to budget.
◦Experience in developing, executing, and re-engineering standard operating procedures to ensure compliance with general housekeeping best practices and safety and security standards.
◦Well versed in planning and administering staff schedules to accommodate business needs, prioritizing projects and work plans, and being held accountable to measurable results.
◦Relevant experience in directing large-scale, high-profile events. Other responsibilities include:
This position sets strategic direction for Georgia Tech Professional Education (GTPE) facility operations including partnering with campus providers to oversee maintenance, construction, renovation, and space management in the Georgia Tech Global Learning Center (GLC), O'Keefe, and Biltmore facilities where professional education programs, conferences, and corporate events are hosted and GTPE staff are located. The Director is responsible for ensuring the GLC maintains it reputation as a premier meeting and learning facility and exceeds the highest of standards. This position supervises a team of professional event planners and directs activities including planning, set-up, and execution of successful meetings and outcomes. Additional Information: Must be able to meet a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends and be available by phone for emergencies. Successful candidate must be able to pass a background check which will include a credit check. Please visit http://policylibrary.gatech.edu/employment/pre-employment-screening Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a consistent basis with: unit and campus leadership, vendors, guests/customers. This position typically will advise and counsel: unit leadership. This position will supervise: facilities operations and event management staff.
Department Description Georgia Tech Professional Education (GTPE), is an academic division of the Georgia Institute of Technology, a top 10-ranked public university. Providing continuing education for more than a century, and learning at a distance for 40 years, we enable working professionals and industry partners to access the expertise of a world-renowned research university. We offer professional development courses, certificate programs, and master’s degrees to career-focused adults in STEM and business fields worldwide. Our programs are designed to position professionals to deliver immediate workplace impact using knowledge and skills learned from Georgia Tech’s faculty experts and each other. Learners can also take Georgia Tech’s Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs), which are produced by GTPE. We deliver programs in a variety of formats including face-to-face, online, and hybrid, to suit the diverse needs of working professionals. GTPE also administers K-12 outreach and English as a Second Language (ESL) programs, and manages learning-centered meeting and conference facilities in Atlanta and Savannah.