College Admissions Coach
IVY EXPERIENCE helps students in every phase of their education. That is why we provide everything from SAT/ACT test preparation, to college application and essay coaching, to academic tutoring, to college prep meetings and college night seminars. With college admissions more competitive than ever, students need to excel in each of these realms to optimize their applications.
Ivy Experience is looking for an Educational Consultant to help students with this difficult process. Experience in college/higher education preferred. This position will be a work-from-home position.
During college application essay season (May-December), responsibilities will include:
Holding students accountable to deadlines through correspondence on email, text, and phone calls.
- Providing students with constructive feedback on drafts of application essays
- Having phone calls with students and/or parents to discuss the progress of application essays
- Teaching students how to research academic programs and college resources and opportunities so they can better understand what they are applying for and express why they are applying to certain colleges
- Mentoring students not only as a writing and research coach, but as a personal advocate who feels invested in his/her students' success.
- We value developing close relationships with students and families, as our genuine caring separates us from other college prep companies.
- Proofreading final versions of application essays before their submission
- Responding promptly as questions and issues arise from students and parents on any number of concerns, ranging from difficulty in drafting/revising an essay to not understanding an assignment.
- Working directly with the company co-founder, Eric Karlan, who oversees the majority of the college essay and application coaching facet of the business. For more insight into Eric, check out his recent TEDx Talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTUjyf18XL8&t=8s \
Throughout the year, responsibilities will include:
- Copywriting for the company website, which we use as a marketing tool for prospective clients and an educational resource for current clients, as we strongly pride ourselves on serving as an educational hub for families who need help navigating the college prep process.
- Copywriting for marketing materials and other informational resources.
- Writing blog posts and articles on a variety of college preparation topics, especially standardized test preparation and the college admissions process, to empower students and demystify the college app process.
- Posting on all social media platforms in an effort to expand Ivy Exerience's social media presence, connecting with students, families, community leaders, and educators to spread information on the college prep process and share how Ivy Experience can be a resource and ally. Social media will include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Initiating new marketing campaigns and leading email marketing campaigns. We follow up personally with all of our families throughout the year to maintain personal relationships and we welcome new ideas for how to grow and expand the company
- Managing a variety of administrative tasks, which will include new client intake, recording notes on students, databasing information, etc.
- Serving as an integral member of a close-knit team that works with students and families from across the country and around the world (to date, 33 states and 19 countries) who is unafraid of sharing ideas and giving feedback.