Computing Resource Consulting Technical Lead
Computing Resource Consulting Technical Lead
Job Number: 81210
Job Title: Computing Resource Consulting Technical Lead
Job Code: 4733
Job Grade: I
Who you are:
* People love to ask you questions about technology. From the “What should I buy” to the “How can we fix this?”
* You enjoy sharing knowledge and watching others grow as a result.
* You understand how important your team is and know that you succeed or fail together.
* You love TV shows, movies, books, articles, and manuals about “how things work.”
* You can lead people in a project and drive them forward towards a goal.
What is CRC and what does it do?* We are an internal, cost recovery endpoint development and support team at the university, which means we live on our bottom line and strive to provide customer value every single day.
* Our techs are self-starters and independent thinkers, technically minded but with a significant set of soft skills and know how to improvise when needed. Most spend their day moving about our clients' buildings and cycling through our home base, so the group is active, knowledgeable and fun.
* 2018 is CRC's 20th+ anniversary, and we are going strong. We welcome change and what is coming next while never forgetting our core values of client service and technical expertise.
What would I do as a Technical Lead?* In conjunction with your direct manager, lead a team of 15-20 techs in delivering high-quality services to CRC's clients.
* Collaborate with groups across CRC, UIT, and Stanford on projects, rolling out new technologies, and large-scale efforts.
* Mentor and coach technical consultants in client support and technical troubleshooting best practices.
* Resolve issues for clients as part of a support team.
Still interested? Take a look at the official HR description below:
JOB PURPOSE:Serve as the technical expert for support to end-users for computer hardware, software, and network related problems and/or lead desktop staff and assist with support operations.
CORE DUTIES*:* Act as technical expert in a computing support environment. Take escalated issues and resolve or refer to specialized expert as needed.
* Lead activities of desktop staff to diagnose and resolve client problems; guide computing support staff on diagnosis of potential problems and resolutions.
* Lead projects requiring technical expertise and creativity in analysis and deployment of technology.
* Ensure team meets client service metrics. Monitor and report on all phases of computing support are coordinated, logged, tracked, and resolved appropriately. Provide input on process improvements and contribute to the technology road map for the strategic plan.
* May perform metrics trend analysis and reporting; guiding resultant process improvement.
* Contribute to the development, communication and implementation of policies, procedures, best practices, recommendations, and guidelines for standards.
* Provide technical guidance and training; may guide other staff.
* Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:Two-year college degree and five years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:* Ability to plan effectively and to manage/supervise projects and work queues.
* Ability to provide excellent client service.
* Ability to lead projects requiring technical expertise and creativity in analysis and deployment of technology.
* Must have advanced level expertise diagnostic techniques for problem troubleshooting.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex technical issues to non-technical users.
* Ability to apply information technology best practices, including security (this includes information security or physical security, such as asset management) to problem resolution and troubleshooting.
* Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
* Frequently sitting, use a telephone, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, bending, lifting, standing, and carrying equipment.
* Occasionally lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 21-40 pounds.
* Rarely kneel/crawl, climb (ladders, scaffolds, or other), writing by hand, sort/file paperwork or parts, grasp forcefully.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Requires extended hours and weekends, on-call rotation.
WORK STANDARDS:* Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
* Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
* Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
Location: Business Affairs, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency