Nature of Work
At the University of West Georgia, we’re in the business of transforming lives and changing perspectives. From success in the classroom and chosen career fields to success on the athletic field and the total college experience, UWG has more than 1100 full-time faculty and staff members dedicated to helping you succeed. Over 13,000 students pursuing undergraduate and graduate degrees attend UWG presently.
Additionally, UWG is a qualifying employer under the Department of Education Public Service Loan Forgiveness program (PSLF). This program provides student loan repayment and forgiveness for qualifying loans for eligible full-time employees. See https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service for more information.
The Events Coordinator will coordinate, plan, and organize activities associated with events and meetings held in The Coliseum. This position is responsible for scheduling and planning the event, arranging for support services, and follow-up. Events range from small to large scale, and will serve both on and off campus groups.
- Assist with management of The Coliseum master calendar.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for university athletics and academic departments for reservations in the facility.
- Based on client needs and facility availability determine space and resources required.
- Confer with event organizers to determine scope and overall objectives associated with an event.
- Generate estimates and facility use agreements for event organizers.
- Coordinate with on campus service partners to provide support for security, catering, custodial, electrician, parking for events
- Design setups and floor plans through Social Tables software.
- Create promotional/publicizing materials (print, website, social media, etc.).
- Conduct follow-up to determine adequacy of services provided in support of event.
- Supervise day of event operations and serve as the manger on duty for events.
- Responsible for box office and ticketing operations for ticketed events.
- Routinely represent the department by attending meetings and serving on committees with campus partners.
Bachelor’s Degree and 1 year of experience in related field.
Willingness to work early morning, late night, and weekend shifts depending upon event schedule.
Strong communication and customer service skills and capable of working with students, faculty, staff and members of the community. Ability to work in a dynamic, team environment. Ability to adjust to change and diverse responsibilities and the ability to take directions and communicate effectively.
Prefer 2 years of events related experience.
Salary $16.15 minimum to $19.99 midpoint (Hourly) Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
Will be required to walk, stoop, and lift 50+ lbs.
Events can require extended work hours (i.e., 12+ hours) across multiple sequential days.
Must be able to work days, nights, weekends, and some holidays.
Work will be in a public assembly facility and employee will sometimes be working in noisy and visually dynamic (e.g., use of strobe lights) conditions.
Does this position require any special certification/ license? If yes, please specify. No Notice to Applicants
Please be advised that should you be recommended for a position, University System of Georgia Board of Regents policy requires the completion of a background check as a prior condition of employment.
It is the policy of the University of West Georgia to follow federal law in regards to affirmative action and equal opportunity. The University of West Georgia.s affirmative action program and related policies are developed in compliance with Executive Orders 11246 and 11375, as amended; Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Sections 503 & 504) and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (Title II) and their implementing regulations; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967; and the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as it amends 38 U.S.C. 4212.