Safety Inspection Mechanic Instructor, Part-Time (non-credit)
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position TitleSafety Inspection Mechanic Instructor, Part-Time (non-credit)Requisition NumberFAC00250General Description
Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, associate-degree-granting institution which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. Its programs of study in the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic academic skills provide a coherent foundation for college transfer, employment and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia by preparing its students to be informed and concerned citizens, active participants in the cultural life of the city, and enabled to meet the changing needs of business, industry and the professions.
Corporate Solutions seeks to become the preferred training provider for regional businesses and organizations. We provide non-credit-training programs for incumbent workers and individuals interested in upgrading their job skills.
Corporate Solutions is seeking to increase our pool of trainers with experience teaching adult learners in the automotive service field, to deliver the Safety Inspection Mechanic training programs. Certification specific to the subject-matter is required.Specific Responsibilities
Classes will be held during evening hours at the Community College of Philadelphia, West Regional campus. This position pays a competitive hourly rate.Minimum Qualifications
• Qualified candidates must have an Automotive Technical degree and a valid Safety Inspection Mechanic License.
• One-year formal teaching experience is preferred but other forms of instruction, educational and automotive experience will be considered.Preferred Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree with subject-related certifications.Work LocationWest RegionalBenefitsSpecial Instructions to Applicants
• Interested candidates should complete an online application.
• Cover letter of interest and CV/resume REQUIRED.
• Name and contact information for three (3) professional references REQUIRED.
• Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
• Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law.
Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally under-represented groups. AA/EOE.Salary Grade or RankAdjunct FacultySalary RangeJob Posting Open DateJob Posting Close DatePosition TypeFacultyJob CategoryEmployment Status Part-TimeSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have an Automotive Technical degree and a valid Safety Inspection Mechanic License?
- * How did you first learn about this employment opportunity?
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- The Chronicle
- Job Fair
- HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- CCP - Faculty Recruiting Event
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Teaching Philosophy
- Writing Sample
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Letters of Recommendation
- Other Document ( See Special Instructions to Applicant)