Manager, Employer Partnerships
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position Title Manager, Employer Partnerships Requisition Number SCA00318 General Description
The Manager, Employer Partnerships assumes a key role within the day-to-day operations of the Career Connections department. This position supports the Director in the development and implementation of strategies that align the College’s Academic Pathways and non-credit programs with local employers, while actively engaging and promoting Career Connection’s activities and services to the College’s students and faculty. The Manager, Employer Partnerships is responsible for increasing the visibility of the College’s students through strategic partnerships with employers and associations, resulting in employment, internships, externships and experiential learning opportunities for the College’s credit and non-credit students and program offerings.Specific Responsibilities
• Assist the Director in the development and implementation of strategies that align the College’s Academic Pathways and non-credit programs with local employers.
• Develop and implement strategies to engage employer partner’s and professional organizations that create employment, internships, externships and experiential learning opportunities for the College’s credit and non-credit students and program offerings.
• Proactively identify, develop and implement strategies that attract new and maintain local, regional, and national employer partnerships to join and actively engage in Career Connection’s employer recruitment activities.
• Schedule and conduct ongoing employer visits, expand current employer relationships and commitments, attend networking events and establish new connections to build a growing pipeline of new employer engagement and hiring opportunities for our students and alumni.
• Identify employer’s hiring needs and cultivate relationships with organizations and business sectors that historically have had little or no interaction with the College and/or experience with hiring our students and graduates.
• Connect employers with the appropriate resources and personnel at the College to develop career-focused internship, externships and other experiential learning opportunities on behalf of our students, credit and non-credit program offerings.
• Meet, or exceed, employer-prospecting goals and maintain weekly, monthly and quarterly records of employer engagement efforts; evaluate and provide feedback as to the effectiveness of such efforts, and provide analysis and next steps regarding the data and outcomes.
• Collaborate with Career Connection’s and Workforce and Economic Innovation staff to share and track local and regional job market demands and formulate strategies for achieving greater participation rates by employers and students for majors, programs and employment sectors that underutilize the department’s available career resources.
• Facilitate face-to-face employer and student engagement opportunities through career fair events, on-campus recruitment activities and employer-led events at the College’s main campus, and three regional centers.
• Manage the department’s employer database to ensure a robust pipeline of companies and career opportunities, candidate matching, and analyze academic program, job opportunity and employer gaps for our credit and non-credit programs to ensure equitable representation.
• Create special programs and levels of engagement with employers, as needed, to enhance existing partner relationships and engagement with the College.
• Assist the Director by identifying and recommending employers to serve on the Career Connection’s Advisory Board as needed.
• Travel within the local area to regional campus locations, employers and organizations as needed.
• Perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with the mission, goals and core values of the Career Connection’s department and the College.
• Maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff or varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
• Deliver quality customer services to both internal and external constituents in a professional helpful and courteous manner.
• Other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree required; all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• A minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience in business development, sales, employer account management and/or university/college career services environment is required.
• Previous supervisory experience required.
• Demonstrated proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and experience with CRM databases required.
• Excellent customer service to provide high quality services to internal and external constituents required.
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication, as well as presentation skills required.
• Demonstrated ability to network internally and externally with colleagues, employers and constituents with a proven track record of excelling in relationship-building.
• An understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of employers, college community staff and students required.
• Must be a self-starter who is resourceful, goal oriented, with a strong work ethic.
• Ability to listen carefully to and understanding customers’ needs and proactively respond to those needs in a consistent and timely manner.
• Ability to work cooperatively to achieve common goals and facilitate collaboration and the sharing of information with key stakeholders.
• Demonstrated leadership to provide direction and motivation to direct reports and others through communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism and high achievement.
• Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
• Ability to think strategically to recognize opportunities and prioritize them to attain goals.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, access to a properly insured vehicle, and the ability to drive to employer sites and events within the region.
• Must be available to work evenings and/or weekends on occasion.
• Must be able to occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 50 lbs.Preferred Qualifications
N/AWork Location Main Campus Benefits Special Instructions to Applicants
*Interested persons should complete an online application.
*Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
*Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
Review of applications will commence on January 25, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.Salary Grade or Rank III Salary Range Salary commensurate with relevant work experience Job Posting Open Date 01/04/2019 Job Posting Close Date Type of Position Administrator Job Category Employment Status Full-Time Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about Community College of Philadelphia?
- The Chronicle
- Veterans Job Fair
- Professional & Technology Diversity Career Fair
- AL DIA - Diversity Career Fair
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- No Response
- High School/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * Do you have a minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience in business development, sales, employer account management and/or university/college career services environment?
- * Do you have prior supervisory experience?
- * Do you have demonstrated ability to network internally and externally with colleagues, employers and constituents with a proven track record of excelling in relationship-building?
- * Do you have demonstrated proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and experience with CRM databases?
- * Do you have a valid driver's license, access to a properly insured vehicle, and the ability to drive to employer sites and events within the region?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application