Sociology - 122700
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
The Department of Sociology has 12 tenure-track and tenured faculty positions and one extended-term lecturer. Faculty are active researchers, presenting at professional conferences and publishing refereed articles and books. The department awards all degrees through the Ph.D level. It has about 165 undergraduate majors and produces about 15,000 undergraduate credit hours per academic year. It has approximately 45 graduate students, about half of whom are funded as Tutor Graders, Teaching Assistants, or Teaching Fellows.
The Sociology Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Administrative Coordinator to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Deciding the methods and procedures to be used in the preparation of the office policies and procedures.
* Supporting the department, the Department Chair, the Directors of Undergraduate and Graduate Studies, and faculty members of the department.
* Supervise graduate and undergraduate student assistants.
* Assist in preparation of annual budget.
* Responsible for all departmental and faculty grant purchases.
* Handle student inquiries regarding course registration.
* Manage instructional fees and distance learning fees.
* Process course evaluations.
* Responsible for payroll processing, reports and records.
* Process graduation applications.
* Pick up, handle, and distribute paychecks.
* Field routine correspondence with applicants for advertised faculty positions.
* Review time entry.
* Serve as I-9 compliance officer.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree and three years of highly responsible and varied office administration or business management experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Exceptional customer service skills.
* Advanced written communication skills.
* Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
* Knowledge of accounting/budgeting procedures.
* Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of others.
* Ability to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
* Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple programs and assignments effectively.
* Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness.
* Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
* Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Thorough knowledge of general office procedures and practices.
* Knowledge of bookkeeping principles and practices.
* Skill in making mathematical calculations and computations.
* Strong ability to establish and maintain good working relationships.
* Strong ability to communicate effectively orally.
* Supervisory skills.
* Ability to work without close supervision.
* Knowledge of safe working procedures related to work performed.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting