Police-Administration - 355400
The University of North Texas Health Science Center campus is located on 33 acres in the heart of Fort Worth's Cultural District.The University community has approximately 2500 students along with 1600 faculty and staff. The agency operates 24 hours a day and is staffed by 23 full time employees. Our primary mission is maintaining a safe and secure environment for faculty, staff, students and visitors. The Police Department maintains IACLEA Accreditation.
The University and the Department adhere to the following values:
Serve Others First
The Police Department Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Dispatcher to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Receive and provide response to emergency and informational telephone calls including 911 emergency lines.
* Initiate and receive public safety radio traffic to dispatch police officers.
* Monitor alarm and video security systems.
* Entering records of calls/messages for service and officer activity into the computer aided dispatch system.
* Operate a Federal/State regulated computer system which accesses law enforcement sensitive records including driver's license, vehicle registration, and criminal warrant and history information.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess a High School Diploma or GED and two years of dispach/PBX or related experience required.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Able to work rotating shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
* Good technical/computer skills.
* Able to multitask via phone, computer, two-way radio, and person to person communication.
Special Instructions to Applicants
A resume and cover letter are not required to apply for this position, but may be attached to the online application.
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
If required, please list all certifications required for this position.
Must obtain Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Standards and Education Basic Telecommunications and Crisis Communications certificates within 6 months. Must obtain TXDPS TLETS/NLETS and TCIC/NCIC Procedures certificate within 6 months. All certificate training is provided by the department via local law enforcement training facility.
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled