GRANTS AND CONTRACTS ADMINISTRATOR
GRANTS AND CONTRACTS ADMINISTRATOR
DoM Research Administration
Major responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Administrative oversight of a grants and contracts portfolio for the Department of Medicines divisions of Infectious Disease, Endocrinology, Rheumatology, Geriatrics, Gastroenterology, General Internal Medicine, as well as the Center for Applied Genomics and Precision Medicine.
- Projects within the portfolio will include federal funding, foundations support, international components, Phase I - Phase III clinical trials, and industry sponsored clinical trials.
- Responsible for assigned projects and financial project portfolio of all sponsored research, which include closeouts, overdraft management, A/R monitoring, etc. Partner with team members supporting non-industry sponsored research projects.
- Initiate, lead, manage, and complete special projects to enhance financial management across the Department.
- Coordinate with divisional administrators to manage operational issues and interpretation of governing regulations and requirements (including Uniform Guidance, sponsor terms and conditions, and Duke Policy).
- Manage and distribute reports to monitor award status and project spending to Division Administrators managing and/or contributing to decisions regarding internal funding and collaborate to identify areas of institutional research priorities.
- Communicate, facilitate, prioritize, and problem-solve with investigators, administrative staff, and division administration to ensure quality, efficient, and cost-effective support is provided, and respond to complex award management issues as required.
- Accurately conveying appropriate policies, processes and procedures that will ensure compliant financial management.
- Make decisions and take action consistent with available facts, constraints and anticipated consequences.
- Provide ongoing education and training for financial management team members, which include [email protected] initiatives, financial systems, accounting principles, and Duke/Federal/sponsor policies and procedures.
- Create and implement processes to ensure compliance with new and existing Federal regulations.
- Actively participate and provide recommendations related to new system implementations or enhancements to existing systems.
- Establish and implement project management plans for complex projects
2647 GRANTS AND CONTRACTS ADMINISTRATOR
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires communications, analytical and organizational skillsgenerally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program.Research or grants education and/or certification is preferred.Successful completion of Financial Services Introduction to R3,Introduction to Duke GL, Introduction to Accounting, Sponsored ResearchReporting, Research Administration at Duke (on-line), Basic Compliance(on-line) within first six months of hire is required.Successful completion of the Research Administration Academy (RAA) isrequired. Employees hired into this classification without RAA trainingwill work closely with their manager to schedule and complete thetraining within 12 months of start date. The expectation is that thestaff member will maintain the requirements for their level. Failing tomeet these requirements will be addressed through the performance reviewprocess.Upon successful completion of expected training, the employee mustmaintain certification(s) by completing continuing educationrequirements.
No experience required for candidates who possess a Bachelor's orMaster's degree in a field of study directly related to the specificposition.
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.