ASSOC DEAN D&A RELATIONS OPERATIONS
Responsible for working with the Associate Dean for Development and Alumni Relations (DAR) to provide program and project coordination for the DAR team in collaboration with partners at the Fuqua School of Business and in the broader university development and alumni relations community.
Departmental Budget Management (35%)
- Assist Associate Dean in creating and monitoring the department-wide budget through collaboration with department team leaders and school budget personnel.
- Serve as one of the go-to staff members for questions related to expense clearance and use of SAP and a companion Microsoft Access database.
- Promote budget discipline and support accurate forecasting by coordinating communication with departmental budget administrators through periodic reports and check-in meetings.
- Manage a complex calendar and scheduling for Associate Dean, serving as an intermediary with staff, faculty, students, alumni, and others seeking the Associate Dean's time, assessing requests and prioritizing as needed. Exercise sound judgment when scheduling for Associate Dean, making last minute adjustments to schedule and proactively managing work flow to keep major objectives on track.
- Prepare materials for the Associate Dean, including daily calendar reports, comprehensive travel itineraries with logistical directions, pre-meeting notes, prospect briefings/reports, and specific objectives for the Associate Dean.
- Manage timely follow-up for Associate Dean's meetings and travel, including moves entry/meeting reports, correspondence, follow-up proposals, and tracking next steps in a tickler system.
- Collaborate with the Dean's office to ensure that the Dean's alumni and donor meeting outcomes are properly recorded in the alumni and donor database and shared with the university-wide community.
Departmental Administrative Support (30%)
- In coordination with Association Dean, execute departmental staff and leadership team meetings, including calendaring, logistical coordination, collecting agenda, items and providing follow-up information and project management to insure any follow-up is managed.
- Produce preliminary drafts of PowerPoint presentation materials and catalog and inventory materials for use in future presentations.
- Interface with top donors, board members, university administrators, and volunteers. Coordinate sports ticketing process and campus visits for donors and alumni.
- Secure hotel rooms for VIP donors and alumni.
- Coordinate DAR's input and participation in the Fuqua and undergraduate admissions processes.
- Oversee inventory management and re-ordering process for stationary, communication collateral, donor gifts, and office supplies.
- Coordinate on-boarding for new hires.
- Bachelor's degree preferred. Candidates must have a minimum of four years of professional experience; experience in higher education, alumni relations and/or fundraising preferred. Customer service experience and other related experience will be considered.
- Three to five years of successful project management experience, including meeting numerous deadlines and objectives and managing multiple concurrent projects with limited resources.
- Experience and comfort interacting with senior lever executives and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential donor records and personnel files with the highest discretion.
- Refined written and oral communication and customer service skills.
- Strong proficiency with all Microsoft Office products (Windows, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access) and willingness and ability to master proprietary databases.
- Strong teamwork mentality.
- Superb organizational skills, attention to detail, sound judgment, flexibility and the ability to work independently.
- Strong work ethic in a fast-paced, results-oriented team environment.
- Strong contributor who thrives on individual ownership balanced with team projects and coordination.
- Creativity, adaptability, diplomatic skills, and sense of humor.
Note: The above job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of assignments that may be given to any employee, nor are such assignments restricted to those precisely listed in this description.
1004 ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a general educational background normally equivalent to a full high school education plus two years post-secondary education in a business-related field. Bachelor's degree preferred.
Work requires 4 years related business or administrative experience to become familiar with general personnel practices, accounting and budgeting principles and coordination of major office activities.OR ANY OTHER EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE.
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.