PROGRAM COORD, PROVOST\u0027S OFFICE
PROGRAM COORD, PROVOST\u0027S OFFICE
PAS Adm - Provost Office
Coordinate a variety of activities to maintain, review and approve official faculty records for regular rank faculty in all University schools as well as the schools of Medicine and Nursing. Coordinate activities with the faculty affairs units in the Provost's Office as well as each school.
- Create the official faculty record on regular rank faculty to be submitted to the Board of Trustees either for information or approval including, but not limited to, consolidating all trustee lists (TL) submissions from the University schools, as well as Medical and Nursing Schools; checking for proper documentation, comparing information in contracts to the TL entries and making corrections as necessary to ensure accurate records. When necessary, follow up with schools on outstanding entries. Secure approval of the TL by the Provost and President. Submit the TLs in a timely manner, based up the deadlines set by the University Secretary's Office.
- Prepare correspondence to University faculty members for the Provost's review and/or signature, including but not limited to, new faculty members' letters, promotions, retirements, secondary and joint appointments letters, leave letters, Distinguished Professorships and Bass Professorships letters.
- Review all leave requests from faculty members for compliance with policy, checking for appropriate documentation. Process approval leave letters for Provost's signature. Calculate current sabbaticaleligibility dates and next sabbatical eligibility dates on tenured faculty members. Make changes in SAP to delimit leaves of absence to reflect changes made by faculty to their original leave requests.
- Process appropriate dFac transactions including all tenured faculty appointments, promotions and changes of status, leaves of absence.
- Check dFac to make sure all submitted TL entries have been entered. Maintain spreadsheet of outstanding TL entries not entered in dFac and send follow up reminders to any school or unit with contracts not entered in dFac.
- Check dFac to make sure all secondary appointments on regular rank University faculty members had been enter in dFac.
- Review Reappointment Lists from the Medical Center prior to obtaining Provost's approval.
- Maintain the spreadsheets for invitation list to the Distinguished Professorship (DP)/Bass Dinner as well as the Emeriti Lunch sponsored by the Provost.
- Maintain digital files on University regular rank faculty members and assist with the conversion of existing paper files to digital.
- Respond to email and telephone inquiries from staff in the Deans' offices and faculty members concerning faculty records such as leave eligibility and other matters; refer callers to Faculty Affairs as appropriate (e.g., APT).
- Evaluate program performance, summarize findings, communicate results, and form action plans to enhance program efficiency and records integrity.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Education/Training: Work requires analytical, communications and organizational skills generally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program.
Experience: Work requires one year of experience in program administration activities to acquire skills necessary to plan, coordinate and implement a variety of program activities and events. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Skills Ability to pay attention to details ensuring accuracy of official University records. Ability to provide guidance and direction to colleagues, including setting standards and monitoring outcomes. Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions to problems. Experience with and/or knowledge of dFac, Excel and The Faculty Handbook preferred.
2321 PROGRAM COORD
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires analytical, communications and organizational skillsgenerally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program.
Work requires one year of experience in program administration orinvolving academic, instructional or counseling activities to acquireskills necessary to plan, coordinate and implement a variety of programactivities and events.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.