PROJECT PLANNER I
PROJECT PLANNER I
Marketing & Communication
Project Planner 1
Global Marketing Project Planner 1 will collaborate with a team of highly-skilled marketers and website developers/designers to support marketing projects for Duke University's Fuqua School of Business.The ideal candidate will have experience in web project management,marketing, and writing. As a member of the Global Marketing team, this position performs a critical role in managing the planning, development, execution, QA, and maintenance of digital media,including complex websites,landing pages, email campaigns, and advertising that create positive online user experiences and result in conversions. This role reports to the Director of Digital Strategy & Development.
- Plan and facilitate cross-functional teams, including internal stakeholders and external vendors,to develop and execute multiple interactive marketing projects.
- Manage marketing campaign processes, including coordination of content creation, determination of digital templates, documentation, and post campaign analysis.
- Develop, update, and store project documentation, including project calendars, project files, and tracking spreadsheets. Ensure real-time accuracy and completeness of project documents.
- Proof, review and track deliverables and communicate delays or changes that may impact deadlines or timely project completion.
- Coordinate with marketing staff, other Fuqua departments, and external vendors to flag issues and see them through to resolution.
- Liaise with the marketing leadership team to understand requirements and relative priorities and then assign resources accordingly to meet project deadlines.
- Manage external designers and vendors to ensure deliverables are within scope, on time and within budget.
- Produce routine website content updates as well as develop, maintain,and execute content maintenance plans for cyclical/seasonal updates.
- Train and provide routine help desk-type support to users of Drupal,the school's Content Management System (CMS) and WordPress instances.
- Lead and traffic QA for all websites and interactive campaigns.Qualifications
- BS or BA required.
- At least 3 years of web and interactive-specific project management experience with increasing levels of complexity and autonomy.
- Basic knowledge of HTML, WordPress, CMSs, and SEO. Familiarity with SEM, and Drupal (our CMS) a plus but not required.
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized with an uncompromising focus on quality and accuracy.
- Experience deploying websites and marketing campaigns.
- Possesses a customer/user/external/market orientation.
- Demonstrated completer/finisher.
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage complex processes.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and initiative.
- Experience building cross-functional relationships and achieving results through influence and communication rather than direct authority.
- Ability to work autonomously and within teams on multiple projects simultaneously.
2821 PROJECT PLANNER I
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Bachelor's degree. Additional training in Project Management or related training is desired.
Two years of experience in project management, with increasing scope and independence.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.