Coordinator/Inmate Education Program (Noncredit)
Job Title: Coordinator/Inmate Education Program (Noncredit)
Location: Centennial Education Center
Department: Inmate Education
Position Type: Part time Instructor Pool
Posting Close Date: 02/08/2019
This part time faculty position will coordinate and direct the work of part time noncredit faculty and classified staff assigned in our program at the Santa Ana City jail. This assignment may consist of up to 23 hours per week. In the following discipline: ESL, ABE, ASE and Vocational Education.
Minimum Qualifications (Applicants must meet one of the following):
• Education and/or experience in each discipline:
• English as a Second Language: Possess from an accredited institution a bachelor's degree in teaching English as a second language, or teaching English to speakers of other languages, OR a bachelor's degree in education, English, linguistics, applied linguistics, any foreign language, composition, bilingual/bicultural studies, reading, or speech; and a certificate in teaching English as a second language, which may be completed concurrently during the first year of employment as a non-credit instructor, OR a bachelor's degree with any of the majors specified in the above; and one year of experience teaching ESL in an accredited institution; and a certificate in teaching English as a second language, which may be completed concurrently during the first two years of employment as a noncredit instructor.
• High School Subjects/GED/Adult Basic Education: possess from an accredited institution a bachelor's degree in any social science, humanities, mathematics, or natural science discipline or in liberal studies as appropriate for the course.
• Vocational Education: possess from an accredited institution a bachelor's degree; and two years of occupational experience related to the subject of the course taught OR an associate degree; and six years of occupational experience related to the subject of the course taught OR Possession of a full-time, clear California Designated Subjects Adult Education Teaching Credential authorizing instruction in the subject matter OR for courses in an occupation for which the district offers or has offered apprenticeship instruction, the minimum qualifications for noncredit apprenticeship instructors in that occupation, OR
• Possess a valid California Community College credential authorizing service in the discipline, OR
• The equivalent (applicants who do not meet the above minimum qualifications must complete the Equivalencies Section in the application form and provide conclusive evidence of such).
• Experience in teaching students from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds and widely varying levels of proficiency preferred.
• A working knowledge of and experience with student learning outcomes and assessment.
Method of Application
For consideration in the selection process, interested persons must complete the RSCCD application and upload all required documents online by the specified closing date for the position. If you do not have a computer, there is a computer which can only access RSCCD employment website and scanner to upload application materials/documents (no USB) available at the Human Resources Department, 2323 North Broadway, Santa Ana, California, 92706, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday.
Please upload the following application materials in the appropriate boxes with your online application by the closing date:
• Resume (Required)
• Unofficial Transcripts showing that the minimum qualifications are met (Required)
• Any additional supplemental materials (Optional)
To apply, visit: https://www.rsccd.edu/employment/Pages/Employment.aspx
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency